Dell 720 not responding

when i recieved the Dell 720 printer it didnt have a usb cable so I used a
spare HP cable which worked great and everything came out ok. Then one day I
went to the printer to print out some work and it said that there wasn't a
printer pluged in or
> installed. I had originally installed it seen as its plug and play anyway, it
was connected and turned on, all the software is wtill installed so i
decided to
put it in a different usb port but this still didnt do anything.

> I tried restarting with the printer not pluged in and then plug it in but that
didnt do anything, so it appears asthough its not responding but when you
unplug
it and plug it in the sound comes up showing that
> windows does know that somthing has been unplugged and plugged in but it still
doesnt do anything

Byte

The spooler has not started.
Go to Start>Run>type NET START SPOOLER and click OK.
Start Printer Spooler
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm

"Alastairg100" wrote:

> when i recieved the Dell 720 printer it didnt have a usb cable so I used a
> spare HP cable which worked great and everything came out ok. Then one day I
> went to the printer to print out some work and it said that there wasn't a
> printer pluged in or
> > installed. I had originally installed it seen as its plug and play anyway, it
> was connected and turned on, all the software is wtill installed so i
> decided to
> put it in a different usb port but this still didnt do anything.
> >
> > I tried restarting with the printer not pluged in and then plug it in but that
> didnt do anything, so it appears asthough its not responding but when you
> unplug
> it and plug it in the sound comes up showing that
> > windows does know that somthing has been unplugged and plugged in but it still
> doesnt do anything

a ms dos type box comes up and the usuall white marker is flashing and I just
left it and in under a second it disapears so I'm assuming it had finished
and I could go back to the control panel. Nothing had happened.

just like last time if I clicked on add printer or server properties, an
error came up: 'Opperation could not be competed. The print spooler service
is not running.' and 'Server properties cannot be viewed. The print spooler
service is not running.'

Im assuming that somehow I need to get the print spooler service working,
but how.

Please Help
Thanks
Alastair Gray