Nunevieu is lost

Last response: in Video Games
July 5, 2005 9:58:14 PM

Having run into some problems patching, I did a disc scan, as advised. Some
errors did indeed turn up.
Nunevieu didn't make it.
Her configuration file was apparently hopelessly corrupted. There was no
backup.
I quickly burned a backup CD with all other characters, but my level 40
chanter is
unplayable now. Dang. Just as she was getting into the good parts.
I'm not sure it matters. Adas hads been burning through AA's in the Plane
of Fire;
she now has the extra spell gem, Secondary Recall, and is working toward the
next upgrade to her familiar, after which comes Teleport Bind. Then a bunch
of
less-important things, like the Xuzl sword swarm and some increased
durability.
Other characters beckon, as well. Quellious seems to be a happening place;
have created a ranger and paladin there, bought 200k plat, and got a
suitable
set of twink gear for them. Ranger Keaolasi is already into her mid-30's.
The
pally is yet another attempt to trace the career of Firiona Vie; no Paludal
Caverns
grind for her, she will be doing all old world zones at least into her
mid-40's.
When I get around to her.

Some recent changes I haven't mentioned...
I like the change to the mob spawning in Everfrost. When I made Grugg,
there were
relatively few mobs in the newbie area outside Halas. Now it's a madhouse.
Best
is when I take my beasltlord and just hit f8 and pet attack in chain,
clearing my
field of view in minutes, farming spiderling silks. (You have to kill
EVERYTHING
to make sure spiderlings spawn evenly.)
Healing spell boosts are tremendous. Minor Healing has doubled in
effectiveness,
from 10hp to 20hp. Lesser Healing is even better, from 30 up to 65. Regular
Healing is not so highly boosted, only 75%, going from 100hp to 175, but
this
has a tremendous effect on the relevant levels of beastlords and rangers
that use it.
Much less downtime, you see.
Re-assigning levels of spells is a similarly huge boost. Many spells have
come down
in level, making their benefits available earlier. Temperance is now
castable at level
40! That increases the chances of finding a Temp when you need one.
It's really too bad that Mistmoore and Splitpaw have been revamped, now
that I
have characters in thier mid 30's again. With modern gear and buffs,
Keaolasi could
tear up SP. Dalnir, OTOH, just ate her up; damn DoTting mobs, necros that
cast
Dooming Darkness - not a fun place to solo.

I may have discovered a guild I can raid with on weekdays. Saviours claims
to raid
9am to 2pm, Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I can live with
that...
but lately when I've gotten up and logged on at 9am, they haven't always
been doing any
raids. I'll try an app anyhow, just to see if it's worth the effort.

On to the usual grind. I have the alts disease really bad. Need to focus
on one per week,
I think...

EJH

On Bertoxxulous:
[70 Wizard] Adastraea Starwind (High Elf) of Erollisi Marr
[61 Druid] Rabotev Startree (Wood Elf) of Tunare
[44 Warrior] Gruggoredil Dullwit (Barbarian) of Rallos Zek
[50 Monk] Tosev Starfist (human) of Quellious
[48 Shadow Knight] Neuveniu Sinstorm (Dark Elf) of Innoruuk
[50 Cleric] Celune (High Elf) of Tunare
[42 Beastlord] Grukyn (Vah Shir)

On Drinal:
[24 Bard] Greban (Vah Shir)
[31 Magician] Cadwen (High Elf)

On Firiona Vie:
[32 Cleric] Adastra Peraspera (High Elf) of Tunare

On Quellious:
[31 Wizard] Phrogment (Froglok) of Mithaniel Marr
[33 Ranger] Keaolasi (Wood Elf) of Tunare
[3 Paladin] Caeinye (High Elf) of Tunare

More about : nunevieu lost

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 9:58:15 PM

"Eric J. Hawman" <ejhawman@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> Having run into some problems patching, I did a disc scan, as advised.
> Some
> errors did indeed turn up.
> Nunevieu didn't make it.
> Her configuration file was apparently hopelessly corrupted. There was no
> backup.

Player info is stored on the server so it should be there when you repatch.

Lou
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 10:08:35 AM

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 17:58:14 GMT, "Eric J. Hawman" >durability.
> Other characters beckon, as well. Quellious seems to be a happening place;
>have created a ranger and paladin there, bought 200k plat, and got a
>suitable
>set of twink gear for them.

> On Bertoxxulous:
> [70 Wizard] Adastraea Starwind (High Elf) of Erollisi Marr
> [61 Druid] Rabotev Startree (Wood Elf) of Tunare
> [44 Warrior] Gruggoredil Dullwit (Barbarian) of Rallos Zek
> [50 Monk] Tosev Starfist (human) of Quellious
> [48 Shadow Knight] Neuveniu Sinstorm (Dark Elf) of Innoruuk
> [50 Cleric] Celune (High Elf) of Tunare
> [42 Beastlord] Grukyn (Vah Shir)
>
> On Drinal:
> [24 Bard] Greban (Vah Shir)
> [31 Magician] Cadwen (High Elf)
>
> On Firiona Vie:
> [32 Cleric] Adastra Peraspera (High Elf) of Tunare
>
> On Quellious:
> [31 Wizard] Phrogment (Froglok) of Mithaniel Marr
> [33 Ranger] Keaolasi (Wood Elf) of Tunare
> [3 Paladin] Caeinye (High Elf) of Tunare

And?
You think anyone cares that you *bought* a *33* Ranger?
My god,there are always lower levels of lameness then one could have
imagined.
I think my untwinked,on another than my home server started,around
35,Ranger,had made 200k plat *ingame*.

Melforge 55 Ranger
July 6, 2005 11:34:11 PM

"Eric J. Hawman" <ejhawman@ameritech.net> wrote in

> Having run into some problems patching, I did a disc scan, as
> advised. Some
> errors did indeed turn up.
> Nunevieu didn't make it.
> Her configuration file was apparently hopelessly corrupted. There
> was no
> backup.

Delete the config file(s), a new default one will be created, then
customize to your hearts content. The character is not lost, it is stored
on SOEs servers.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 36 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Treasure Hunter <Tempest>
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 10:04:04 PM

"Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
> "Eric J. Hawman" <ejhawman@ameritech.net> wrote in
>
>> Having run into some problems patching, I did a disc scan, as
>> advised. Some
>> errors did indeed turn up.
>> Nunevieu didn't make it.
>> Her configuration file was apparently hopelessly corrupted. There
>> was no
>> backup.
>
> Delete the config file(s), a new default one will be created, then
> customize to your hearts content. The character is not lost, it is stored
> on SOEs servers.
>
> --
> On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
> Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Soothsayer of 70 seasons
>
> On Steamfont
> Graeme, 36 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Treasure Hunter <Tempest>
> Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner

Done. Didn't work. The game gets stuck in loading, and I have to power down
to get out.
I'm thinking something else is corrupt as well. Other characters don't have
this problem.

EJH
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 11:10:52 PM

"Eric J. Hawman" <ejhawman@ameritech.net> wrote in
news:o 8eze.1821$0w2.881@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com:

> "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> "Eric J. Hawman" <ejhawman@ameritech.net> wrote in
>>
>>> Having run into some problems patching, I did a disc scan, as
>>> advised. Some
>>> errors did indeed turn up.
>>> Nunevieu didn't make it.
>>> Her configuration file was apparently hopelessly corrupted. There
>>> was no
>>> backup.
>>
>> Delete the config file(s), a new default one will be created, then
>> customize to your hearts content. The character is not lost, it is
>> stored on SOEs servers.
>
> Done. Didn't work. The game gets stuck in loading, and I have to power
> down to get out.
> I'm thinking something else is corrupt as well. Other characters don't
> have this problem.

Did you do a thorough file test in the eq patcher? Whatever they call it
now. Next step I would try is either selectively moving files out of the
EQ directory, and letting them be repatched, or, backing it all up, and
reinstalling.

--

!