Slow printing Win 98 Win XP Pro SP2

April 10, 2005 5:36:42 PM

Hello

I have Windows 98 SE with connected printer over LPT1. I share this
printer to network.
When I try to print from network from Windows XP Pro SP2 printing goes very
slow, printer under Win XP is mapped:
net use lpt1 \\win98\printer
it because under Windows XP I need to print form DOS(command line).

Anyone know how to resovle this problem, I read on google.com that this
problem have many people.

Thanks
Pawel Rutkowski
April 12, 2005 1:21:02 PM

This website may be of some help. PrintFromDOS
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm

"rutekp" wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have Windows 98 SE with connected printer over LPT1. I share this
> printer to network.
> When I try to print from network from Windows XP Pro SP2 printing goes very
> slow, printer under Win XP is mapped:
> net use lpt1 \\win98\printer
> it because under Windows XP I need to print form DOS(command line).
>
> Anyone know how to resovle this problem, I read on google.com that this
> problem have many people.
>
> Thanks
> Pawel Rutkowski

June 10, 2005 9:26:01 AM

We have exactly the same problem with multiple PC's not of which however have
LPT port mapped. Have you or anyone found a solution. If I cannot fix this
I'll have to replace over 100 PC's!

"rutekp" wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have Windows 98 SE with connected printer over LPT1. I share this
> printer to network.
> When I try to print from network from Windows XP Pro SP2 printing goes very
> slow, printer under Win XP is mapped:
> net use lpt1 \\win98\printer
> it because under Windows XP I need to print form DOS(command line).
>
> Anyone know how to resovle this problem, I read on google.com that this
> problem have many people.
>
> Thanks
> Pawel Rutkowski

June 14, 2005 6:52:01 AM

I've found a fix for this

It relates to XP SP2 closing TCP ports down to 10. The below patch will set
it to 50 and we have found that all PC's now work

http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads

http://www.lvllord.de/download.php?url=en/EvID4226Patch...

!