ms fax

i have winxp pro/intel 800Mhz

ms fax works for sending/recieving
but when i use cover page.....after i click finish the fax disapears and no
fax gets sent....not even anything in the out box.

i even tried to uninstall & clean install with no change.

thanks for the help... i also have ms antispy & sp2 installed

Not enough information here.
List the steps that work (in detail).
List the steps that fail (in detail), including what does happen, error
messages and Event Viewer.
------
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Dennis Sr wrote:
> i have winxp pro/intel 800Mhz
>
> ms fax works for sending/recieving
> but when i use cover page.....after i click finish the fax disapears and no
> fax gets sent....not even anything in the out box.
>
> i even tried to uninstall & clean install with no change.
>
> thanks for the help... i also have ms antispy & sp2 installed

i'm able to open a doc, print to fax, fax wiz opens and get all the way
through the wiz and click finish.....if i dont use a cover sheet the fax will
show msfax sending the fax with no problem. but if i use a cover sheet the
wiz goes all the way to the end and when i click finnish to send the wiz
closes like i canceled.

i dont get any errors/it just closes

"Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:

> Not enough information here.
> List the steps that work (in detail).
> List the steps that fail (in detail), including what does happen, error
> messages and Event Viewer.
> ------
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
>
> Dennis Sr wrote:
> > i have winxp pro/intel 800Mhz
> >
> > ms fax works for sending/recieving
> > but when i use cover page.....after i click finish the fax disapears and no
> > fax gets sent....not even anything in the out box.
> >
> > i even tried to uninstall & clean install with no change.
> >
> > thanks for the help... i also have ms antispy & sp2 installed

Can you use Cover Page editor to open and examine your Cover Pages to
see if any is corrupt, or whether they even still exist?
------
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Dennis Sr wrote:
> i'm able to open a doc, print to fax, fax wiz opens and get all the way
> through the wiz and click finish.....if i dont use a cover sheet the fax will
> show msfax sending the fax with no problem. but if i use a cover sheet the
> wiz goes all the way to the end and when i click finnish to send the wiz
> closes like i canceled.
>
> i dont get any errors/it just closes
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:
>

>>Not enough information here.
>>List the steps that work (in detail).
>>List the steps that fail (in detail), including what does happen, error
>>messages and Event Viewer.
>>------
>>Russ Valentine
>>[MVP-Outlook]
>>
>>Dennis Sr wrote:
>>
>>>i have winxp pro/intel 800Mhz
>>>
>>>ms fax works for sending/recieving
>>>but when i use cover page.....after i click finish the fax disapears and no
>>>fax gets sent....not even anything in the out box.
>>>
>>>i even tried to uninstall & clean install with no change.
>>>
>>>thanks for the help... i also have ms antispy & sp2 installed

yes i can see and edit cover pages/ i also can print cover pages from the
editor

"Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:

> Can you use Cover Page editor to open and examine your Cover Pages to
> see if any is corrupt, or whether they even still exist?
> ------
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
>
> Dennis Sr wrote:
> > i'm able to open a doc, print to fax, fax wiz opens and get all the way
> > through the wiz and click finish.....if i dont use a cover sheet the fax will
> > show msfax sending the fax with no problem. but if i use a cover sheet the
> > wiz goes all the way to the end and when i click finnish to send the wiz
> > closes like i canceled.
> >
> > i dont get any errors/it just closes
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:
> >

> >>Not enough information here.
> >>List the steps that work (in detail).
> >>List the steps that fail (in detail), including what does happen, error
> >>messages and Event Viewer.
> >>------
> >>Russ Valentine
> >>[MVP-Outlook]

Odd. I've never seen this problem reported.
What happens if you send just a cover page fax using the Send Fax Wizard?
------
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Dennis Sr wrote:
> yes i can see and edit cover pages/ i also can print cover pages from the
> editor
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:
>

>>Can you use Cover Page editor to open and examine your Cover Pages to
>>see if any is corrupt, or whether they even still exist?
>>------
>>Russ Valentine
>>[MVP-Outlook]
>>
>>Dennis Sr wrote:
>>
>>>i'm able to open a doc, print to fax, fax wiz opens and get all the way
>>>through the wiz and click finish.....if i dont use a cover sheet the fax will
>>>show msfax sending the fax with no problem. but if i use a cover sheet the
>>>wiz goes all the way to the end and when i click finnish to send the wiz
>>>closes like i canceled.
>>>
>>>i dont get any errors/it just closes

samething.....when i click finish at end of wiz it just closes.....wondered
if it might have something to do with ms antispyware prog......i know that
before i installed everything the coverpage would work.......might just be in
some of the settings that get changed.....or maybe i could get a diff driver
to try

"Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:

> Odd. I've never seen this problem reported.
> What happens if you send just a cover page fax using the Send Fax Wizard?
> ------
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
>
> Dennis Sr wrote:
> > yes i can see and edit cover pages/ i also can print cover pages from the
> > editor
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:
> >

> >>Can you use Cover Page editor to open and examine your Cover Pages to
> >>see if any is corrupt, or whether they even still exist?
> >>------
> >>Russ Valentine
> >>[MVP-Outlook]

Wait a minute.
Are you faxing from Word?
You aren't trying to use one of Word's Cover Pages, are you?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Dennis Sr" <Dennis Sr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> yes i can see and edit cover pages/ i also can print cover pages from the
> editor
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Can you use Cover Page editor to open and examine your Cover Pages to
>> see if any is corrupt, or whether they even still exist?
>> ------
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>
>> Dennis Sr wrote:
>> > i'm able to open a doc, print to fax, fax wiz opens and get all the way
>> > through the wiz and click finish.....if i dont use a cover sheet the
>> > fax will
>> > show msfax sending the fax with no problem. but if i use a cover sheet
>> > the
>> > wiz goes all the way to the end and when i click finnish to send the
>> > wiz
>> > closes like i canceled.
>> >
>> > i dont get any errors/it just closes

i'm using cover sheets from msfax.....could it be something in settings for
print spooler?

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Wait a minute.
> Are you faxing from Word?
> You aren't trying to use one of Word's Cover Pages, are you?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Dennis Sr" <Dennis Sr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > yes i can see and edit cover pages/ i also can print cover pages from the
> > editor
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Can you use Cover Page editor to open and examine your Cover Pages to
> >> see if any is corrupt, or whether they even still exist?
> >> ------
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]

It's probably a local issue then. Not one I've ever seen reported.
You need to think of any changes you've made to your system since the last
time it worked correctly.