ms fax

i have winxp pro/intel 800Mhz

ms fax works for sending/recieving
but when i use cover page.....after i click finish the fax disapears and no
fax gets sent....not even anything in the out box.

i even tried to uninstall & clean install with no change.

thanks for the help... i also have ms antispy & sp2 installed
9 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    Not enough information here.
    List the steps that work (in detail).
    List the steps that fail (in detail), including what does happen, error
    messages and Event Viewer.
    ------
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    Dennis Sr wrote:
    > i have winxp pro/intel 800Mhz
    >
    > ms fax works for sending/recieving
    > but when i use cover page.....after i click finish the fax disapears and no
    > fax gets sent....not even anything in the out box.
    >
    > i even tried to uninstall & clean install with no change.
    >
    > thanks for the help... i also have ms antispy & sp2 installed

    i'm able to open a doc, print to fax, fax wiz opens and get all the way
    through the wiz and click finish.....if i dont use a cover sheet the fax will
    show msfax sending the fax with no problem. but if i use a cover sheet the
    wiz goes all the way to the end and when i click finnish to send the wiz
    closes like i canceled.

    i dont get any errors/it just closes

    "Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:

    > Not enough information here.
    > List the steps that work (in detail).
    > List the steps that fail (in detail), including what does happen, error
    > messages and Event Viewer.
    > ------
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    >
    > Dennis Sr wrote:
    > > i have winxp pro/intel 800Mhz
    > >
    > > ms fax works for sending/recieving
    > > but when i use cover page.....after i click finish the fax disapears and no
    > > fax gets sent....not even anything in the out box.
    > >
    > > i even tried to uninstall & clean install with no change.
    > >
    > > thanks for the help... i also have ms antispy & sp2 installed

    Can you use Cover Page editor to open and examine your Cover Pages to
    see if any is corrupt, or whether they even still exist?
    ------
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    Dennis Sr wrote:
    > i'm able to open a doc, print to fax, fax wiz opens and get all the way
    > through the wiz and click finish.....if i dont use a cover sheet the fax will
    > show msfax sending the fax with no problem. but if i use a cover sheet the
    > wiz goes all the way to the end and when i click finnish to send the wiz
    > closes like i canceled.
    >
    > i dont get any errors/it just closes
    >
    > "Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:
    >

    >>Not enough information here.
    >>List the steps that work (in detail).
    >>List the steps that fail (in detail), including what does happen, error
    >>messages and Event Viewer.
    >>------
    >>Russ Valentine
    >>[MVP-Outlook]
    >>
    >>Dennis Sr wrote:
    >>
    >>>i have winxp pro/intel 800Mhz
    >>>
    >>>ms fax works for sending/recieving
    >>>but when i use cover page.....after i click finish the fax disapears and no
    >>>fax gets sent....not even anything in the out box.
    >>>
    >>>i even tried to uninstall & clean install with no change.
    >>>
    >>>thanks for the help... i also have ms antispy & sp2 installed

    yes i can see and edit cover pages/ i also can print cover pages from the
    editor

    "Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:

    > Can you use Cover Page editor to open and examine your Cover Pages to
    > see if any is corrupt, or whether they even still exist?
    > ------
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    >
    > Dennis Sr wrote:
    > > i'm able to open a doc, print to fax, fax wiz opens and get all the way
    > > through the wiz and click finish.....if i dont use a cover sheet the fax will
    > > show msfax sending the fax with no problem. but if i use a cover sheet the
    > > wiz goes all the way to the end and when i click finnish to send the wiz
    > > closes like i canceled.
    > >
    > > i dont get any errors/it just closes
    > >
    > > "Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:
    > >

    > >>Not enough information here.
    > >>List the steps that work (in detail).
    > >>List the steps that fail (in detail), including what does happen, error
    > >>messages and Event Viewer.
    > >>------
    > >>Russ Valentine
    > >>[MVP-Outlook]

    Odd. I've never seen this problem reported.
    What happens if you send just a cover page fax using the Send Fax Wizard?
    ------
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    Dennis Sr wrote:
    > yes i can see and edit cover pages/ i also can print cover pages from the
    > editor
    >
    > "Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:
    >

    >>Can you use Cover Page editor to open and examine your Cover Pages to
    >>see if any is corrupt, or whether they even still exist?
    >>------
    >>Russ Valentine
    >>[MVP-Outlook]
    >>
    >>Dennis Sr wrote:
    >>
    >>>i'm able to open a doc, print to fax, fax wiz opens and get all the way
    >>>through the wiz and click finish.....if i dont use a cover sheet the fax will
    >>>show msfax sending the fax with no problem. but if i use a cover sheet the
    >>>wiz goes all the way to the end and when i click finnish to send the wiz
    >>>closes like i canceled.
    >>>
    >>>i dont get any errors/it just closes

    samething.....when i click finish at end of wiz it just closes.....wondered
    if it might have something to do with ms antispyware prog......i know that
    before i installed everything the coverpage would work.......might just be in
    some of the settings that get changed.....or maybe i could get a diff driver
    to try

    "Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:

    > Odd. I've never seen this problem reported.
    > What happens if you send just a cover page fax using the Send Fax Wizard?
    > ------
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    >
    > Dennis Sr wrote:
    > > yes i can see and edit cover pages/ i also can print cover pages from the
    > > editor
    > >
    > > "Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:
    > >

    > >>Can you use Cover Page editor to open and examine your Cover Pages to
    > >>see if any is corrupt, or whether they even still exist?
    > >>------
    > >>Russ Valentine
    > >>[MVP-Outlook]

    Wait a minute.
    Are you faxing from Word?
    You aren't trying to use one of Word's Cover Pages, are you?
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Dennis Sr" <Dennis Sr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > yes i can see and edit cover pages/ i also can print cover pages from the
    > editor
    >
    > "Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:
    >
    >> Can you use Cover Page editor to open and examine your Cover Pages to
    >> see if any is corrupt, or whether they even still exist?
    >> ------
    >> Russ Valentine
    >> [MVP-Outlook]
    >>
    >> Dennis Sr wrote:
    >> > i'm able to open a doc, print to fax, fax wiz opens and get all the way
    >> > through the wiz and click finish.....if i dont use a cover sheet the
    >> > fax will
    >> > show msfax sending the fax with no problem. but if i use a cover sheet
    >> > the
    >> > wiz goes all the way to the end and when i click finnish to send the
    >> > wiz
    >> > closes like i canceled.
    >> >
    >> > i dont get any errors/it just closes

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    i'm using cover sheets from msfax.....could it be something in settings for
    print spooler?

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

    > Wait a minute.
    > Are you faxing from Word?
    > You aren't trying to use one of Word's Cover Pages, are you?
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Dennis Sr" <Dennis Sr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > yes i can see and edit cover pages/ i also can print cover pages from the
    > > editor
    > >
    > > "Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Can you use Cover Page editor to open and examine your Cover Pages to
    > >> see if any is corrupt, or whether they even still exist?
    > >> ------
    > >> Russ Valentine
    > >> [MVP-Outlook]

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    It's probably a local issue then. Not one I've ever seen reported.
    You need to think of any changes you've made to your system since the last
    time it worked correctly.
    --
    > i'm using cover sheets from msfax.....could it be something in settings
    > for
    > print spooler?
    >
    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
    >
    >> Wait a minute.
    >> Are you faxing from Word?
    >> You aren't trying to use one of Word's Cover Pages, are you?
    >> --
    >> Russ Valentine
    >> [MVP-Outlook]
    >> "Dennis Sr" <Dennis Sr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > yes i can see and edit cover pages/ i also can print cover pages from
    >> > the
    >> > editor

Fax Clean Install Microsoft Windows XP