Problem Printing With Canon BJC 1000

Running Windows XP SP2 Home, Canon BJC 1000 Printer, darn thing prints
back to front, whether the setting in properties is front to back, or
back to front. Page order is always last page first! Help! Have
re-installed many times!
--
-Seancito

-Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. (Sigmund Freud)
8 answers Last reply
More about problem printing canon 1000

    Uninstall printer, then reinstall.

    Byte wrote:
    > Uninstall printer, then reinstall.
    >
    > "Seancito" wrote:
    >

    >>Running Windows XP SP2 Home, Canon BJC 1000 Printer, darn thing prints
    >>back to front, whether the setting in properties is front to back, or
    >>back to front. Page order is always last page first! Help! Have
    >>re-installed many times!
    >>--
    >> -Seancito
    >>
    >> -Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. (Sigmund Freud)

    Did that!

    --
    -Seancito

    -Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. (Sigmund Freud)

    Did that, and then what?
    Maybe you installed the drivers backwards. (just kidding).
    Go to Canon.com and download the driver for your BJC 1000 printer, it
    looks like the one on your PC (DLL library) may be corrupt.

    Byte wrote:
    > Did that, and then what?
    > Maybe you installed the drivers backwards. (just kidding).
    > Go to Canon.com and download the driver for your BJC 1000 printer, it
    > looks like the one on your PC (DLL library) may be corrupt.
    >

    > "Seancito" wrote:
    >

    >>Byte wrote:
    >>
    >>>Uninstall printer, then reinstall.

    >> Did that!
    >>
    >>--
    >> -Seancito
    >>
    >> -Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. (Sigmund Freud)

    Did that too! I am convinced that the driver is not really compatible
    with XP, even thought it states so. The printer worked just fine under
    Windows 98.

    --
    -Seancito

    -Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. (Sigmund Freud)

    Completely uninstall the printer before reinstalling.
    Download the driver from below website and reinstall the printer using
    that one. Do not let XP's "plug&play" feature automatically install the
    printer for it will use the default driver from its library. Unplug the
    printer
    and reboot, then plug it in, it should come up with a balloon that new
    hardware was found and ask if you want to install it. Do it manually.
    Download Canon BJC-1000 free driver for Windows 2000/XP
    http://drivers.soft32.com/driver/download-Canon_BJC_1000-23347.html

    Byte wrote:
    > Completely uninstall the printer before reinstalling.
    > Download the driver from below website and reinstall the printer using
    > that one. Do not let XP's "plug&play" feature automatically install the
    > printer for it will use the default driver from its library. Unplug the
    > printer
    > and reboot, then plug it in, it should come up with a balloon that new
    > hardware was found and ask if you want to install it. Do it manually.
    > Download Canon BJC-1000 free driver for Windows 2000/XP
    > http://drivers.soft32.com/driver/download-Canon_BJC_1000-23347.html
    >
    > "Seancito" wrote:
    >

    >>Byte wrote:
    >>
    >>>Did that, and then what?
    >>>Maybe you installed the drivers backwards. (just kidding).
    >>>Go to Canon.com and download the driver for your BJC 1000 printer, it
    >>>looks like the one on your PC (DLL library) may be corrupt.

    >>Did that too! I am convinced that the driver is not really compatible
    >>with XP, even thought it states so. The printer worked just fine under
    >>Windows 98.
    >>
    >>--
    >> -Seancito
    >>
    >> -Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. (Sigmund Freud)

    I did all the above, but will again. Isn't this nuts?

    --

    Byte wrote:
    > Completely uninstall the printer before reinstalling.
    > Download the driver from below website and reinstall the printer using
    > that one. Do not let XP's "plug&play" feature automatically install the
    > printer for it will use the default driver from its library. Unplug the
    > printer
    > and reboot, then plug it in, it should come up with a balloon that new
    > hardware was found and ask if you want to install it. Do it manually.
    > Download Canon BJC-1000 free driver for Windows 2000/XP
    > http://drivers.soft32.com/driver/download-Canon_BJC_1000-23347.html
    >
    > "Seancito" wrote:
    >

    >>Byte wrote:
    >>
    >>>Did that, and then what?
    >>>Maybe you installed the drivers backwards. (just kidding).
    >>>Go to Canon.com and download the driver for your BJC 1000 printer, it
    >>>looks like the one on your PC (DLL library) may be corrupt.

    >>Did that too! I am convinced that the driver is not really compatible
    >>with XP, even thought it states so. The printer worked just fine under
    >>Windows 98.
    >>
    >>--
    >> -Seancito
    >>
    >> -Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. (Sigmund Freud)

    Thank you "byte". It worked!

    --
    -Seancito

    -Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. (Sigmund Freud)
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    You're very welcome.

Canon Microsoft Windows XP