Print Complete Sound

Mary

I have 2 printers on home network, HP Deskjet and Epson 820.
When printing is complete, there is no "Print Complete" sound from either
printer.
The option is checked under control panel/sounds&audio/sounds
I have XP pro & Home
Thanks for any ideas.
mary

Byte

In the same window where you selected the sound for Print Complete, did
you go down further and click the small right arrow to test if the sound
works?
Then if it works, did you click Apply and OK?

"Mary" wrote:

> I have 2 printers on home network, HP Deskjet and Epson 820.
> When printing is complete, there is no "Print Complete" sound from either
> printer.
> The option is checked under control panel/sounds&audio/sounds
> I have XP pro & Home
> Thanks for any ideas.
> mary

Mary

Yes, and I tried several sounds..all preview OK

"Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In the same window where you selected the sound for Print Complete, did
> you go down further and click the small right arrow to test if the sound
> works?
> Then if it works, did you click Apply and OK?
>
> "Mary" wrote:
>
>> I have 2 printers on home network, HP Deskjet and Epson 820.
>> When printing is complete, there is no "Print Complete" sound from either
>> printer.
>> The option is checked under control panel/sounds&audio/sounds
>> I have XP pro & Home
>> Thanks for any ideas.
>> mary

That's a feature of the printer drivers from the manufacturer's and not a
feature of XP. If there are no updated drivers for your printers, then it
is a feature no longer available.

If any of my printers announced they had finished the job I'd sent them I'd
probably throw them out of the window.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Mary" <mary@way> wrote in message
>I have 2 printers on home network, HP Deskjet and Epson 820.
> When printing is complete, there is no "Print Complete" sound from either
> printer.
> The option is checked under control panel/sounds&audio/sounds
> I have XP pro & Home
> Thanks for any ideas.
> mary

Mary

Well, I found a couple of options under Printers/file/server properties
I like to hear a confirmation sound when a printer is in another room..I
see no reason to throw it out of the window.
Mary

> That's a feature of the printer drivers from the manufacturer's and not a
> feature of XP. If there are no updated drivers for your printers, then it
> is a feature no longer available.
>
> If any of my printers announced they had finished the job I'd sent them
> I'd probably throw them out of the window.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
> In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
>
> "Mary" <mary@way> wrote in message
>>I have 2 printers on home network, HP Deskjet and Epson 820.
>> When printing is complete, there is no "Print Complete" sound from either
>> printer.
>> The option is checked under control panel/sounds&audio/sounds
>> I have XP pro & Home
>> Thanks for any ideas.
>> mary

Latest posts