How to install fax on xp...without cd's

hi...how do you install fax on xp when the computer came preinstalled with xp
and no cd's....i have tried adding windows componets..faxing services....when
prompted for disc...changing to c:windows/drivercache/i386
but its empty....
thx :-)
3 answers Last reply
More about install without

    If your installation files are on the hard drive, you may need to direct the
    routine to the i386 Folder there. If you have applied a Service Pack, these
    files may have been moved to a different folder (ServicePackFiles\i386), and
    you will need to direct the routine to that folder.

    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "di" <di@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi...how do you install fax on xp when the computer came preinstalled with
    > xp
    > and no cd's....i have tried adding windows componets..faxing
    > services....when
    > prompted for disc...changing to c:windows/drivercache/i386
    > but its empty....
    > thx :-)

    Hi Russ...thank you...but ...the i386 folder is empty....there is service
    pack 1 installed but i cannot find folder (ServicePackFiles\i386), any other
    suggestions??

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

    > If your installation files are on the hard drive, you may need to direct the
    > routine to the i386 Folder there. If you have applied a Service Pack, these
    > files may have been moved to a different folder (ServicePackFiles\i386), and
    > you will need to direct the routine to that folder.
    >

    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "di" <di@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > hi...how do you install fax on xp when the computer came preinstalled with
    > > xp
    > > and no cd's....i have tried adding windows componets..faxing
    > > services....when
    > > prompted for disc...changing to c:windows/drivercache/i386
    > > but its empty....
    > > thx :-)

    No. Those are the only places I've seen them.
    When the installation routine is unable to find the necessary installation
    files (even when directed to the appropriate i386 Folder) it usually means
    that the installation files are compressed. This is often the case when the
    files are pre-copied by a manufacturer on the hard drive. If you do a search
    for the files that the installation routine claims are missing (fxsapi.dll
    and fxcfgwz.dll) you won't find them, but you will find fxsapi.dl_ and
    fxcfgwz.dl_.
    --
    > Hi Russ...thank you...but ...the i386 folder is empty....there is service
    > pack 1 installed but i cannot find folder (ServicePackFiles\i386), any
    > other
    > suggestions??
    >
    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
    >
    >> If your installation files are on the hard drive, you may need to direct
    >> the
    >> routine to the i386 Folder there. If you have applied a Service Pack,
    >> these
    >> files may have been moved to a different folder (ServicePackFiles\i386),
    >> and
    >> you will need to direct the routine to that folder.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Russ Valentine
    >> [MVP-Outlook]
    >> "di" <di@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > hi...how do you install fax on xp when the computer came preinstalled
    >> > with
    >> > xp
    >> > and no cd's....i have tried adding windows componets..faxing
    >> > services....when
    >> > prompted for disc...changing to c:windows/drivercache/i386
    >> > but its empty....
    >> > thx :-)

Fax CD-Rom Windows XP