Printing a PRN file

Is there anyone that knows how to print a PRN file to a printer that has been
setup on a TCP/IP LPR port?

Here is my setup:

Wireless Laptop, Wireless Router and Wireless Printer Server. Both the
Router and Printer Server are located in the same room so I have the two
connected with a network cable, the Laptop is in another room. My printer is
an Epson which has been setup on the Laptop using a TCP/IP LPR port NOT the
usual LPT port.

Thanks!
Crazy_Bob
3 answers Last reply
More about printing file

    Have you tried a Google search for this info?

    "Crazy_Bob" wrote:

    > Is there anyone that knows how to print a PRN file to a printer that has been
    > setup on a TCP/IP LPR port?
    >
    > Here is my setup:
    >
    > Wireless Laptop, Wireless Router and Wireless Printer Server. Both the
    > Router and Printer Server are located in the same room so I have the two
    > connected with a network cable, the Laptop is in another room. My printer is
    > an Epson which has been setup on the Laptop using a TCP/IP LPR port NOT the
    > usual LPT port.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Crazy_Bob

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324078
    Might be of some help
    "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Have you tried a Google search for this info?
    >
    > "Crazy_Bob" wrote:
    >
    >> Is there anyone that knows how to print a PRN file to a printer that has
    >> been
    >> setup on a TCP/IP LPR port?
    >>
    >> Here is my setup:
    >>
    >> Wireless Laptop, Wireless Router and Wireless Printer Server. Both the
    >> Router and Printer Server are located in the same room so I have the two
    >> connected with a network cable, the Laptop is in another room. My printer
    >> is
    >> an Epson which has been setup on the Laptop using a TCP/IP LPR port NOT
    >> the
    >> usual LPT port.
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >> Crazy_Bob

    share the printer then copy the file to the print share

    machine name = MyMachine

    printer share = MyPrinter

    copy filename \\MyMachine\MyPrinter

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "Chuck" <nospm@msn.com> wrote in message
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324078
    > Might be of some help
    > "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Have you tried a Google search for this info?
    >>
    >> "Crazy_Bob" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there anyone that knows how to print a PRN file to a printer that has
    >>> been
    >>> setup on a TCP/IP LPR port?
    >>>
    >>> Here is my setup:
    >>>
    >>> Wireless Laptop, Wireless Router and Wireless Printer Server. Both the
    >>> Router and Printer Server are located in the same room so I have the two
    >>> connected with a network cable, the Laptop is in another room. My
    >>> printer is
    >>> an Epson which has been setup on the Laptop using a TCP/IP LPR port NOT
    >>> the
    >>> usual LPT port.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!
    >>> Crazy_Bob