Printing a PRN file

Is there anyone that knows how to print a PRN file to a printer that has been
setup on a TCP/IP LPR port?

Here is my setup:

Wireless Laptop, Wireless Router and Wireless Printer Server. Both the
Router and Printer Server are located in the same room so I have the two
connected with a network cable, the Laptop is in another room. My printer is
an Epson which has been setup on the Laptop using a TCP/IP LPR port NOT the
usual LPT port.

Thanks!
Crazy_Bob

Byte

Have you tried a Google search for this info?

"Crazy_Bob" wrote:

> Is there anyone that knows how to print a PRN file to a printer that has been
> setup on a TCP/IP LPR port?
>
> Here is my setup:
>
> Wireless Laptop, Wireless Router and Wireless Printer Server. Both the
> Router and Printer Server are located in the same room so I have the two
> connected with a network cable, the Laptop is in another room. My printer is
> an Epson which has been setup on the Laptop using a TCP/IP LPR port NOT the
> usual LPT port.
>
> Thanks!
> Crazy_Bob

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324078
Might be of some help
"Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have you tried a Google search for this info?
>
> "Crazy_Bob" wrote:
>
>> Is there anyone that knows how to print a PRN file to a printer that has
>> been
>> setup on a TCP/IP LPR port?
>>
>> Here is my setup:
>>
>> Wireless Laptop, Wireless Router and Wireless Printer Server. Both the
>> Router and Printer Server are located in the same room so I have the two
>> connected with a network cable, the Laptop is in another room. My printer
>> is
>> an Epson which has been setup on the Laptop using a TCP/IP LPR port NOT
>> the
>> usual LPT port.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Crazy_Bob

share the printer then copy the file to the print share

machine name = MyMachine

printer share = MyPrinter

copy filename \\MyMachine\MyPrinter

--