networked printer problems

I'm having problems with the two computers that are networked to a printer.

On one, it will send jobs to the print queue and tell me it's printing, but
nothing comes out. If I try to cancel the print job it says 'deleting' and
just sits there. This computer is running XP home v.2.0 I believe.

The other computer has stopped recognizing the printer at all. When I try to
print, it says "There was an error writing to PRTmate . . . The printer is no
longer available." This computer is running ME 4.90.3000.

I wasn't here at work when the problem started, so I don't know what someone
could've done to cause this problem. Any ideas on how to fix it would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about networked printer problems

    If these are not your PCs and you are at your workplace, you need to contact
    your System Administrator or IT Department.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "ketchamc" <ketchamc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm having problems with the two computers that are networked to a
    > printer.
    >
    > On one, it will send jobs to the print queue and tell me it's printing,
    > but
    > nothing comes out. If I try to cancel the print job it says 'deleting' and
    > just sits there. This computer is running XP home v.2.0 I believe.
    >
    > The other computer has stopped recognizing the printer at all. When I try
    > print, it says "There was an error writing to PRTmate . . . The printer is
    > no
    > longer available." This computer is running ME 4.90.3000.
    >
    > I wasn't here at work when the problem started, so I don't know what
    > someone
    > could've done to cause this problem. Any ideas on how to fix it would be
    > greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks.

Computers Printers Windows XP