  • Computers
  • Printers
  • Windows XP
April 15, 2005 2:58:05 PM

I'm having problems with the two computers that are networked to a printer.

On one, it will send jobs to the print queue and tell me it's printing, but
nothing comes out. If I try to cancel the print job it says 'deleting' and
just sits there. This computer is running XP home v.2.0 I believe.

The other computer has stopped recognizing the printer at all. When I try to
print, it says "There was an error writing to PRTmate . . . The printer is no
longer available." This computer is running ME 4.90.3000.

I wasn't here at work when the problem started, so I don't know what someone
could've done to cause this problem. Any ideas on how to fix it would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

More about : networked printer problems

Anonymous
April 15, 2005 5:19:35 PM

If these are not your PCs and you are at your workplace, you need to contact
your System Administrator or IT Department.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

!