Edit from Windows Printer and Fax Viewer

Hi all.
I've noticed that when I double click a picture and it opens into Windows
Picture and Fax Viewer. No problem there. However, when I click on the icon
for edit or hit CTRL-E, a window opens asking me where the photo should be
moved to, and when I click cancel, then another opens asking me where the
photo should be copied to.
Any ideas? I've set settings in the "file types" to default.
Thanks,
John

Byte

That is normal. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer is just that - a Viewer! Not
an editor. You clicked Edit (Ctrl+E), meaning you want to Edit the graphic,
thus Windows wants to know which editor your want to use or where you want to
copy it to so you can edit it. Capish?

"jcbigears" wrote:

> Hi all.
> I've noticed that when I double click a picture and it opens into Windows
> Picture and Fax Viewer. No problem there. However, when I click on the icon
> for edit or hit CTRL-E, a window opens asking me where the photo should be
> moved to, and when I click cancel, then another opens asking me where the
> photo should be copied to.
> Any ideas? I've set settings in the "file types" to default.
> Thanks,
> John

Thanks, but it used to just open an editor like photoshop, and I wouldn't
have to copy it anywhere. I realise that the viewer isn't an editor, but i
think that the button has been reassigned. If I tell it to copy the photo to
a folder, it still doesn't open an editing program. My question is really
how do I re-assign the button.
Thanks,
John