Sending fax where operator answers the phone

I have a client whom I send a fax by first calling the operator, requesting
him to give me fax line, once I am through with the fax extension I press the
"Start" button on my stand-alone fax machine.

How can this be achived using Windows XP Fax service.

--
Tariq
6 answers Last reply

    It means (in plain English) that the Fax app has
    to use the phone with a dial-up to access the recipient's Fax number, not
    an operator. Some Fax machines have settings for one tone to send a voice
    message and two tones for Faxing, but not an Operator.

    "Tariq Changgez" wrote:

    > I have a client whom I send a fax by first calling the operator, requesting
    > him to give me fax line, once I am through with the fax extension I press the
    > "Start" button on my stand-alone fax machine.
    >
    > How can this be achived using Windows XP Fax service.
    >
    > --
    > Tariq

    I haven't seen a manual send option in any Microsoft Fax product since
    Windows 95. You have to be able to configure the Fax Service to "blind dial"
    and there is no such option in Windows XP Fax.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Tariq Changgez" <TariqChanggez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a client whom I send a fax by first calling the operator, requesting
    > him to give me fax line, once I am through with the fax extension I press
    > the
    > "Start" button on my stand-alone fax machine.
    >
    > How can this be achived using Windows XP Fax service.
    >
    > --
    > Tariq

    Not really. This was an easy thing to do with Microsoft Fax. Just establish
    your connection manually with a voice call, then set the fax service to
    blind dial when the connection to the fax device is established. Windows XP
    Fax just doesn't have this option.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It means (in plain English) that the Fax app has
    > to use the phone with a dial-up to access the recipient's Fax number, not
    > an operator. Some Fax machines have settings for one tone to send a voice
    > message and two tones for Faxing, but not an Operator.
    >
    > "Tariq Changgez" wrote:
    >
    >> I have a client whom I send a fax by first calling the operator,
    >> requesting
    >> him to give me fax line, once I am through with the fax extension I press
    >> the
    >> "Start" button on my stand-alone fax machine.
    >>
    >> How can this be achived using Windows XP Fax service.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Tariq

    You could try setting up a dialing rule using a calling card. Just leave out
    the calling card access part and put a pause at the end that is long enough
    to finish with the operator but not too long to hang up the receiving fax
    machine. Even if it tries to connect while you are still talking to the
    operator it will still work. Just immediately tell the operator you are
    sending a fax and that it might butt into the conversation.

    You will have to manually select the dialing rule. I don't thing it can be
    configured for a single phone number.

    > Not really. This was an easy thing to do with Microsoft Fax. Just
    > establish your connection manually with a voice call, then set the fax
    > service to blind dial when the connection to the fax device is
    > established. Windows XP Fax just doesn't have this option.
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> It means (in plain English) that the Fax app has
    >> to use the phone with a dial-up to access the recipient's Fax number, not
    >> an operator. Some Fax machines have settings for one tone to send a
    >> voice
    >> message and two tones for Faxing, but not an Operator.
    >>
    >> "Tariq Changgez" wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a client whom I send a fax by first calling the operator,
    >>> requesting
    >>> him to give me fax line, once I am through with the fax extension I
    >>> press the
    >>> "Start" button on my stand-alone fax machine.
    >>>
    >>> How can this be achived using Windows XP Fax service.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Tariq

    Russ, it actually does have the option, its just not in fax section.
    'Control Panel|Phone and Modem Options|Modems|Properties|Modem' has a
    checkbox to "Wait for dial tone before dialing" and will cause blind dialing
    when unchecked.

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    > Not really. This was an easy thing to do with Microsoft Fax. Just
    establish
    > your connection manually with a voice call, then set the fax service to
    > blind dial when the connection to the fax device is established. Windows
    XP
    > Fax just doesn't have this option.
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > It means (in plain English) that the Fax app has
    > > to use the phone with a dial-up to access the recipient's Fax number,
    not
    > > an operator. Some Fax machines have settings for one tone to send a
    voice
    > > message and two tones for Faxing, but not an Operator.
    > >
    > > "Tariq Changgez" wrote:
    > >
    > >> I have a client whom I send a fax by first calling the operator,
    > >> requesting
    > >> him to give me fax line, once I am through with the fax extension I
    press
    > >> the
    > >> "Start" button on my stand-alone fax machine.
    > >>
    > >> How can this be achived using Windows XP Fax service.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Tariq

    That will work, of course. But with Microsoft Fax, users could configure
    that option only for the Fax Service rather than globally.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Hal Hostetler [MVP S/U]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
    > Russ, it actually does have the option, its just not in fax section.
    > 'Control Panel|Phone and Modem Options|Modems|Properties|Modem' has a
    > checkbox to "Wait for dial tone before dialing" and will cause blind
    > dialing
    > when unchecked.
    >
    > Hal
    > --
    > Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    > Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-S/U -- WA7BGX
    > Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
    >
    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Not really. This was an easy thing to do with Microsoft Fax. Just
    > establish
    >> your connection manually with a voice call, then set the fax service to
    >> blind dial when the connection to the fax device is established. Windows
    > XP
    >> Fax just doesn't have this option.
    >> --
    >> Russ Valentine
    >> [MVP-Outlook]
    >> "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > It means (in plain English) that the Fax app has
    >> > to use the phone with a dial-up to access the recipient's Fax number,
    > not
    >> > an operator. Some Fax machines have settings for one tone to send a
    > voice
    >> > message and two tones for Faxing, but not an Operator.

    > press

Phones Fax Microsoft Windows XP