can't decompress files to set up Fax Services

April 18, 2005 2:08:02 AM

Im trying to set up the fax feature. My computer is new and came with SP2
pre-installed.

When I try to add fax services from windows components wizard, I get the
message : "Setup cannot copy the file fxsperf.dl_ "

I read in another post that I might need to decompress the files with the
"Win32 Cabinet Self-Extractor" but when I try to do that with the files in
the I386 folder I get the message "a required resource cannot be located"

Any Ideas on what I should try next?

thanks
rebecca
April 18, 2005 2:28:03 PM

To enable ZIP folder support run this command: regsvr32 zipfldr.dll.
Restart Windows for the change to take effect.

"Rebecca S" wrote:

> Im trying to set up the fax feature. My computer is new and came with SP2
> pre-installed.
>
> When I try to add fax services from windows components wizard, I get the
> message : "Setup cannot copy the file fxsperf.dl_ "
>
> I read in another post that I might need to decompress the files with the
> "Win32 Cabinet Self-Extractor" but when I try to do that with the files in
> the I386 folder I get the message "a required resource cannot be located"
>
> Any Ideas on what I should try next?
>
> thanks
> rebecca
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 2:09:03 PM

I did that but I'm still getting the same error messages.
any other ideas?
rebecca

"Byte" wrote:

> To enable ZIP folder support run this command: regsvr32 zipfldr.dll.
> Restart Windows for the change to take effect.
>
> "Rebecca S" wrote:
>
> > Im trying to set up the fax feature. My computer is new and came with SP2
> > pre-installed.
> >
> > When I try to add fax services from windows components wizard, I get the
> > message : "Setup cannot copy the file fxsperf.dl_ "
> >
> > I read in another post that I might need to decompress the files with the
> > "Win32 Cabinet Self-Extractor" but when I try to do that with the files in
> > the I386 folder I get the message "a required resource cannot be located"
> >
> > Any Ideas on what I should try next?
> >
> > thanks
> > rebecca
Related resources
April 20, 2005 12:04:06 PM

You can do a Search of your harddrive for the fxsperf.dll file. But, you
should already have a copy of it in: C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386
If it is listed as fxsperf.dl_ that means it is zipped/compressed.
If it is listed as fxsperf.dll then you can copy/paste or drag and drop it.

"Rebecca S" wrote:

> I did that but I'm still getting the same error messages.
> any other ideas?
> rebecca
>
> "Byte" wrote:
>
> > To enable ZIP folder support run this command: regsvr32 zipfldr.dll.
> > Restart Windows for the change to take effect.
> >
> > "Rebecca S" wrote:
> >
> > > Im trying to set up the fax feature. My computer is new and came with SP2
> > > pre-installed.
> > >
> > > When I try to add fax services from windows components wizard, I get the
> > > message : "Setup cannot copy the file fxsperf.dl_ "
> > >
> > > I read in another post that I might need to decompress the files with the
> > > "Win32 Cabinet Self-Extractor" but when I try to do that with the files in
> > > the I386 folder I get the message "a required resource cannot be located"
> > >
> > > Any Ideas on what I should try next?
> > >
> > > thanks
> > > rebecca
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 10:24:01 PM

it's a .dl_ file, and I can't get it (or any of them) to decompress.
rebecca

"Byte" wrote:

> You can do a Search of your harddrive for the fxsperf.dll file. But, you
> should already have a copy of it in: C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386
> If it is listed as fxsperf.dl_ that means it is zipped/compressed.
> If it is listed as fxsperf.dll then you can copy/paste or drag and drop it.
>
> "Rebecca S" wrote:
>
> > I did that but I'm still getting the same error messages.
> > any other ideas?
> > rebecca
> >
> > "Byte" wrote:
> >
> > > To enable ZIP folder support run this command: regsvr32 zipfldr.dll.
> > > Restart Windows for the change to take effect.

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 2:31:11 AM

1. Click on the Windows Start Menu.

2. Click Run.

3. Type esentutl /p %windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb in the Open
box, and click OK.

4. Install IIS through the Control Panel Add/Remove Windows Components
applet.

And Bob's your uncle

"Rebecca S" <RebeccaS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> it's a .dl_ file, and I can't get it (or any of them) to decompress.
> rebecca
>
> "Byte" wrote:
>
>> You can do a Search of your harddrive for the fxsperf.dll file. But, you
>> should already have a copy of it in: C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386
>> If it is listed as fxsperf.dl_ that means it is zipped/compressed.
>> If it is listed as fxsperf.dll then you can copy/paste or drag and drop
>> it.
>>
>> "Rebecca S" wrote:
>>
>> > I did that but I'm still getting the same error messages.
>> > any other ideas?
>> > rebecca

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 2:54:03 AM