How to select fax printer programmatically?

Hi,

Whenever I try to send fax programmatically using Faxcom 1.0 library the
'select Printer' interface pops up and I have to select the 'Fax Printer',
which I have setup on my windows 2000 machine. Is there a way using which I
can select the printer type programmatically, so that the 'Select Printer'
interface doesn't pop-up?

Regards,
Ashima Atul

Byte

It probably depends mainly on your Fax app, but you can try this:
Start>Control Panel>Printers and Faxes>rightclick your Capture FAX
printer>Properties>and select as Default printer. Good luck :~)

"Ashima Atul" wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Whenever I try to send fax programmatically using Faxcom 1.0 library the
> 'select Printer' interface pops up and I have to select the 'Fax Printer',
> which I have setup on my windows 2000 machine. Is there a way using which I
> can select the printer type programmatically, so that the 'Select Printer'
> interface doesn't pop-up?
>
> Regards,
> Ashima Atul

I don't want to set the fax printer as the default printer. And I am sure
there must be a way to select the fax printer. If anybody has idea about how
to select the fax printer automatically(even though it is not the default
printer) without selecting it manually, do let me know.

"Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It probably depends mainly on your Fax app, but you can try this:
> Start>Control Panel>Printers and Faxes>rightclick your Capture FAX
> printer>Properties>and select as Default printer. Good luck :~)
>
> "Ashima Atul" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > Whenever I try to send fax programmatically using Faxcom 1.0 library the
> > 'select Printer' interface pops up and I have to select the 'Fax
Printer',
> > which I have setup on my windows 2000 machine. Is there a way using
which I
> > can select the printer type programmatically, so that the 'Select
Printer'
> > interface doesn't pop-up?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ashima Atul