Spoolsv.exe using all of CPU

We have a new PC running Windows XP Service Pack 2 that is also
being used to share an HP LaserJet 4000 printer to other users on the
network.

After the user complained that it takes forever to open a window, I
looked at task manager and the spoolsv.exe is taking 98% of the CPU.

We have many other shared printers and I have not seen this before.

What should I look at to be the cause of this problem?

Thanks,

Sandy M

Usually uninstalling and reinstalling the printer with the latest drivers
cures the problem.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging