Spoolsv.exe using all of CPU

We have a new PC running Windows XP Service Pack 2 that is also
being used to share an HP LaserJet 4000 printer to other users on the
network.

After the user complained that it takes forever to open a window, I
looked at task manager and the spoolsv.exe is taking 98% of the CPU.

We have many other shared printers and I have not seen this before.

What should I look at to be the cause of this problem?

Thanks,

Sandy M
1 answer Last reply
More about spoolsv

    Usually uninstalling and reinstalling the printer with the latest drivers
    cures the problem.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Sandy M" <SandyM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > We have a new PC running Windows XP Service Pack 2 that is also
    > being used to share an HP LaserJet 4000 printer to other users on the
    > network.
    >
    > After the user complained that it takes forever to open a window, I
    > looked at task manager and the spoolsv.exe is taking 98% of the CPU.
    >
    > We have many other shared printers and I have not seen this before.
    >
    > What should I look at to be the cause of this problem?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Sandy M

Windows XP