Printer in XP DOS Environment

Hi --

I am using Windows XP with the latest service pack on a new computer.
Because I have two older printers, one is on LPT1 and (because I don't have
another slot for a second parallel port) the other uses a USB-to-parallel
printer cable. I want to print from a legacy DOS program from the USB
printer, but I can't seem to specify the the USB printer port to the DOS
program by simply printing to USB001 the same way I might print to LPT2:.
What DOS commands can I use to direct output to the USB001 port?

Grieg

See Bruce Sanderson's article at:
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm
--