Cursor movements incorrect?

NLZ49

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
Having a bit of a problem, however it's hard for me to describe exactly what the problem is. I always play games on my Win7 PC with the "Enhance pointer precision" option checked, no problems.
However there's this Java game I've began playing that relies very much on low pings and fast reactions so I have to play it on my WinXP PC. I had no problems downloading the Abyssus driver and setting it up for this PC, it works perfectly however only with "Enhancer pointer precision" unchecked.
When it's checked, the movements of the cursor are different, I have very little control over it and it's frustrating. It's impossible to do a circular motion or even draw a perfect circle in paint, it will most always end up looking like a square or best case scenario a weird looking triangle.

Example of what I'm trying to explain:

http://oi45.tinypic.com/alp560.jpg

Left side = Win7 with pointer precision/off but WinXP can only do this with pointer precision unchecked
Right side = WinXP with pointer precision checked (enabled) (this example was done on my Win7 which is where I'm uploading this from, but did my best to show what it looks like on XP PC, trying this on XP pc you'd notice even more straight lines than this).

Thanks.

that's what you call prediction, it assumes you wish to move the mouse along a straight line and autocorrects the pointer to follow a straight line. Which is exactly why most gamers who use good mice disable that option in windows and also set the sensitivity in the middle, so there's no acceleration/deceleration being introduced by windows.

you can disable it in windows by unchecking the box in mouse settings that says "enhance pointer precision"

However, with that said, some mice features and sensors include a hardware prediction algorithm that you cannot disable, since it's part of the hardware by design.

Disable the windows option, if you're still having a problem, do some research on your mouse and try to disable the option in mouse settings program that comes with the mouse driver. If nothing helps, it's a sensor feature and the only way to get rid of it is to get a different mouse

NLZ49

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
This "prediction" appears to only happen in WinXP Service Pack's 2 and 3. Service Pack 1 I can have precision enabled without any issues, why is this? Surely if it's possible on SP1 it can be possible on the others?

NLZ49

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
Razer Abyssus 3.5G. Always works with and without the Driver I download from the website..