PCI slot fan and overclocking

bigpoppapumpg

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2002
how much do you think a pci fan in slot 1 right under my agp geforce 4 ti4200 would help cool it? I believe the memory and proc is on the other side of the card facing away from where the fan would directly blow on. maybe it still might make some difference, right now i can overclock that gainward geforce 4 to 294/574 but i would like to go higher.

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
I have one on my P3 and it helped about 3ºc. It has a Geforce 3ti500 in it.
If you get one, get a brand name fan because there are some cheap, don't last long, fans
out there.

<b><font color=green>Patience is being able to keep your light on after your fuse has blown.

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Antec Jet Cooler, supposed to fit in one pci slot but in reality it requires the two below the agp slot. Works GREAT but only if you don't need those first two pci slots.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

Stiffler

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
I did this a while ago and it did help a little it also cooled the case too.

But like mentioned, after a few months it started to fail :/ made lots of noise and was too irritating so I took it out. Unusually about 3 months later my brother found it on a shelf and shoved it in his PC, its been working fine and quiet ever since ??? Since he managed to rescue it I let him have it.

Tim

I can call you Betty, and Betty when you call me... You can call me Al

Stiffler

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
Hey williamc just read you sig I think it needs some modification. Its either that or I just can't sing

how about:
Itsy bitsy Spider climbed up the empire state, along came a goblin and wiped the spider out !

I can call you Betty, and Betty when you call me... You can call me Al

TRENDING THREADS