I am rnning Windows Server 2003, and I have a Fiber connection for web, and
an internal fax modem. I have run the Fax Configration Wizard, and I am able
to send faxes, but am unable to recieve them. I have upgraded to the latest
drivers, and still it will not pick up the incoming faxes. Can anyone give
me some advice on how to overcome this problem?

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

The first thing I would do is to enable the modem log, and see if the modem
even sees the incoming fax call.
"RxAdmin" <RxAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am rnning Windows Server 2003, and I have a Fiber connection for web, and
> an internal fax modem. I have run the Fax Configration Wizard, and I am
> able
> to send faxes, but am unable to recieve them. I have upgraded to the
> latest
> drivers, and still it will not pick up the incoming faxes. Can anyone
> give
> me some advice on how to overcome this problem?

You might also want to make sure make sure you're using a Fax modem listed
in the Hardware Compatibility List; Microsoft's current Fax services can
have all sorts of strange difficulties with modems not on the list:

Windows XP Hardware Compatibility
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"RxAdmin" <RxAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am rnning Windows Server 2003, and I have a Fiber connection for web,
and
> an internal fax modem. I have run the Fax Configration Wizard, and I am
able
> to send faxes, but am unable to recieve them. I have upgraded to the
latest
> drivers, and still it will not pick up the incoming faxes. Can anyone
give
> me some advice on how to overcome this problem?

I got some new drivers from the company. Now it picks up the call. still
working on getting it to print to the priner.