Random printer timeout after upgrading to XP

After updating to XP Pro from 2K Pro, I get random printer disconnects from
the local printer. The jobs sit in the printer queue with the "error" flag.
After I reboot the computer, the jobs print. This never happened in 2K. Is
there some new printer setting I need to know about in XP? I have to reboot
every day.

Just as background, this is an HP R80 connected by a parallel port to a Dell
dimension desktop. I disabled all power settings.

Thanks.

Byte

Go to HP.com and update the drivers for the printer that are compatible
with XP.