Restore Disk question

I am going to be buying an SR 1300NX and am curious about the recovery
disks. If I want to format and reinstall XP, can I do a selective install
such as Windows XP only or do I have to do a full recovery install. And
keeping with that subject, I have a Windows XP Home CD and understand that I
can install XP from that CD using the COA key that is on the side of the SR
1300NX. Is that information correct? Thanks for any information, as you can
tell I am not that familiar with Compaqs.

Regards,
John O.
2 answers Last reply
More about restore disk question

    Todays Presario desktops, for the most part, do not come with any
    restore/recovery disks, Software is preinstalled that will do it for you on
    the CD/DVD-RW drive. I believe selective re-installs are possible. In
    regards to the COA, it is for an OEM version of XP, and I do not know if it
    will work with a full retail version. I rather doubt it.
    HH

    "JJO" <jjo@nospam.ca> wrote in message
    >I am going to be buying an SR 1300NX and am curious about the recovery
    >disks. If I want to format and reinstall XP, can I do a selective install
    >such as Windows XP only or do I have to do a full recovery install. And
    >keeping with that subject, I have a Windows XP Home CD and understand that
    >I can install XP from that CD using the COA key that is on the side of the
    >SR 1300NX. Is that information correct? Thanks for any information, as you
    >can tell I am not that familiar with Compaqs.
    >
    > Regards,
    > John O.

    Thanks for the information. I guess that once I create the recovery disks
    and then format, I will find out if another OEM version of XP Home will work
    (a version that came with another system in the home from another
    manufacturer). If not then a selective reinstall will be fine.

    Regards,
    John O.

    "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Todays Presario desktops, for the most part, do not come with any
    > restore/recovery disks, Software is preinstalled that will do it for you
    > on the CD/DVD-RW drive. I believe selective re-installs are possible. In
    > regards to the COA, it is for an OEM version of XP, and I do not know if
    > it will work with a full retail version. I rather doubt it.
    > HH
    >
    > "JJO" <jjo@nospam.ca> wrote in message
    >>I am going to be buying an SR 1300NX and am curious about the recovery
    >>disks. If I want to format and reinstall XP, can I do a selective install
    >>such as Windows XP only or do I have to do a full recovery install. And
    >>keeping with that subject, I have a Windows XP Home CD and understand that
    >>I can install XP from that CD using the COA key that is on the side of the
    >>SR 1300NX. Is that information correct? Thanks for any information, as you
    >>can tell I am not that familiar with Compaqs.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> John O.

Compaq Data Recovery CD-Rom Windows XP Computers