*22899

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

For some time, I've noticed that *22899 is a one-step way to do a PRL
update instead of the "*228, Option 2" method. You don't get any
prompt; you simply go straight to the update.

I'm surprised others haven't been recommending using this method as an
easy shortcut. Any particular reason?

Just food-for-thought.

Don

Don wrote:
> For some time, I've noticed that *22899 is a one-step way
> to do a PRL update instead of the "*228, Option 2"
> method. You don't get any prompt; you simply go straight
> to the update.
>
> I'm surprised others haven't been recommending using this
> method as an easy shortcut. Any particular reason?
>
> Just food-for-thought.

Everybody enjoys the interaction with "Mary" asking you
to select one option or the other and then the gratification
of obliging her. The other way is just so... cold.

-Quick

usally it is best program or update is to point to your network

*22800 for Cellular A network
*22801 for Cellular B network
*22802 for PCS A network
*22803 for PCS B network
*22804 for PCS C network
*22805 for PCS D network
*22806 for PCS E network
*22807 for PCS F network
and so on...

--
agentHibby

Quick wrote:

> Everybody enjoys the interaction with "Mary"

Great. Another "Claire" (Sprint PCS automated "representative").

Why do the cell carrier's marketoons feel the need to give human names to
computer programs?

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

On 31 Mar 2005 13:22:08 -0800, "Don" <dmccanless@wmata.com> wrote:

>For some time, I've noticed that *22899 is a one-step way to do a PRL
>update instead of the "*228, Option 2" method. You don't get any
>prompt; you simply go straight to the update.
>
>I'm surprised others haven't been recommending using this method as an
>easy shortcut. Any particular reason?

I've suggested *22890 a number of times. Not sure what the difference
is between 90 and 99...

Mary, Mary...why you buggin?!!!!

agentHibby wrote:
> usally it is best program or update is to point to your network
>
> *22800 for Cellular A network
> *22801 for Cellular B network
> *22802 for PCS A network
> *22803 for PCS B network
> *22804 for PCS C network
> *22805 for PCS D network
> *22806 for PCS E network
> *22807 for PCS F network
> and so on...

These codes are exclusive to CDMA handsets, correct?

TH

rod

"Tropical Haven" <user@example.net> wrote in message

> agentHibby wrote:
> > usally it is best program or update is to point to your network
> >
> > *22800 for Cellular A network
> > *22801 for Cellular B network
> > *22802 for PCS A network
> > *22803 for PCS B network
> > *22804 for PCS C network
> > *22805 for PCS D network
> > *22806 for PCS E network
> > *22807 for PCS F network
> > and so on...
>

> These codes are exclusive to CDMA handsets, correct?
>
> TH

Yes.

_KC_

"Evan Platt" <evan@theobvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
> On 31 Mar 2005 13:22:08 -0800, "Don" <dmccanless@wmata.com> wrote:
>
>>For some time, I've noticed that *22899 is a one-step way to do a PRL
>>update instead of the "*228, Option 2" method. You don't get any
>>prompt; you simply go straight to the update.
>>
>>I'm surprised others haven't been recommending using this method as an
>>easy shortcut. Any particular reason?
>
> I've suggested *22890 a number of times. Not sure what the difference
> is between 90 and 99...

Doing *22890 does the complete phone programming while doing *22899 just
updates the PRL info.

KC

--
Need Verizon/Alltel/Nextel accessories but hate paying retail? Check out my
Ebay store.