*22899

For some time, I've noticed that *22899 is a one-step way to do a PRL
update instead of the "*228, Option 2" method. You don't get any
prompt; you simply go straight to the update.

I'm surprised others haven't been recommending using this method as an
easy shortcut. Any particular reason?

Just food-for-thought.

Don
8 answers Last reply
More about 22899

    Don wrote:
    > For some time, I've noticed that *22899 is a one-step way
    > to do a PRL update instead of the "*228, Option 2"
    > method. You don't get any prompt; you simply go straight
    > to the update.
    >
    > I'm surprised others haven't been recommending using this
    > method as an easy shortcut. Any particular reason?
    >
    > Just food-for-thought.

    Everybody enjoys the interaction with "Mary" asking you
    to select one option or the other and then the gratification
    of obliging her. The other way is just so... cold.

    -Quick

    usally it is best program or update is to point to your network

    *22800 for Cellular A network
    *22801 for Cellular B network
    *22802 for PCS A network
    *22803 for PCS B network
    *22804 for PCS C network
    *22805 for PCS D network
    *22806 for PCS E network
    *22807 for PCS F network
    and so on...

    --
    agentHibby

    Quick wrote:

    > Everybody enjoys the interaction with "Mary"

    Great. Another "Claire" (Sprint PCS automated "representative").

    Why do the cell carrier's marketoons feel the need to give human names to
    computer programs?

    --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

    On 31 Mar 2005 13:22:08 -0800, "Don" <dmccanless@wmata.com> wrote:

    >For some time, I've noticed that *22899 is a one-step way to do a PRL
    >update instead of the "*228, Option 2" method. You don't get any
    >prompt; you simply go straight to the update.
    >
    >I'm surprised others haven't been recommending using this method as an
    >easy shortcut. Any particular reason?

    I've suggested *22890 a number of times. Not sure what the difference
    is between 90 and 99...

    Mary, Mary...why you buggin?!!!!

    agentHibby wrote:
    > usally it is best program or update is to point to your network
    >
    > *22800 for Cellular A network
    > *22801 for Cellular B network
    > *22802 for PCS A network
    > *22803 for PCS B network
    > *22804 for PCS C network
    > *22805 for PCS D network
    > *22806 for PCS E network
    > *22807 for PCS F network
    > and so on...

    These codes are exclusive to CDMA handsets, correct?

    TH

    "Tropical Haven" <user@example.net> wrote in message

    > agentHibby wrote:
    > > usally it is best program or update is to point to your network
    > >
    > > *22800 for Cellular A network
    > > *22801 for Cellular B network
    > > *22802 for PCS A network
    > > *22803 for PCS B network
    > > *22804 for PCS C network
    > > *22805 for PCS D network
    > > *22806 for PCS E network
    > > *22807 for PCS F network
    > > and so on...
    >

    > These codes are exclusive to CDMA handsets, correct?
    >
    > TH

    Yes.

    "Evan Platt" <evan@theobvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
    > On 31 Mar 2005 13:22:08 -0800, "Don" <dmccanless@wmata.com> wrote:
    >
    >>For some time, I've noticed that *22899 is a one-step way to do a PRL
    >>update instead of the "*228, Option 2" method. You don't get any
    >>prompt; you simply go straight to the update.
    >>
    >>I'm surprised others haven't been recommending using this method as an
    >>easy shortcut. Any particular reason?
    >
    > I've suggested *22890 a number of times. Not sure what the difference
    > is between 90 and 99...

    Doing *22890 does the complete phone programming while doing *22899 just
    updates the PRL info.

    KC

    --
    Need Verizon/Alltel/Nextel accessories but hate paying retail? Check out my
    Ebay store.

Verizon Internet Service Providers