alluri

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
Hey guys !!!!!

With ur help, i have built my PC -
i7 950, Gigabayte x58A-ud3R, windows 7 64 bit

I got a 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD and Samsung 1TB spin point
I'm trying to do RAID 0 config on both the drives

i'm plannng on installing WIn 7 64 bit on SSD - and the 1TB samsung spin point will be additional drive

Now i'm new to RAID 0 configuration - so pardon my questions if they sound silly

When im creating RAID array - the capacity is showing only 111.8 GB

i have connected my drives to SATA2_0 [SSD] & STATA2_1 [1TB samsung] respectivelyon the mother board

I have followed the RAID setup exaclty as manual mentioned - all BIOS settings and everthing is good
but my main question is

after setting up RAID from create raid volume in BIOS

under disk volume information the size shos as only 111.8GB - is it normal or does it have to show the full 1TB and 60 GB SSd volume together ?

any help or link will be greatly appreciated ?

4745454b

Titan
I really don't mean to be rude, but you have no idea what you're doing. Rather then try to explain it, just do what Shaun said. Put the OS on the SSD, and everything else on the harddrive. All your doing now is get the worst from both worlds. The 60GB SSD will limit you to only 60GBs of your 1TB (resulting in 112GB usable space.) and the 1TB will limit the speed you get from the SSD.

dragon5677

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010

exactly all volumes should be of same size so its like 60 +60 +60 and some loss some where :D

alluri

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
Guys!

also do i leave my option to IDE then or will any other option other than IDE wwill do better ?

In ICH SATA Control mode : I have options like IDE / RAID(XHD) / AHCI
now that i have decided not to go for RAID - do i pop it back to IDE ?

i have heard that AHCI can be non-responsive sometimes and OCZ doesnt support it ?