FAx Console

My fax console will not open up a fax, it says my windows system does not
have a program to read .tif files. Solution?
1 answer Last reply
More about console

    Most often, this problem arises because some other imaging application you
    installed has set itself as the default viewer for TIF files. To view faxes
    from the Fax Console, the Windows Imaging and Fax viewer must be your
    default viewer for TIF files. You can easily restore that setting in
    'Windows Explorer |Folder Options|File Types'. For most users the command
    line should read:

    "rundll32.exe <drive>:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1"

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    "RickH" <RickH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My fax console will not open up a fax, it says my windows system does not
    > have a program to read .tif files. Solution?

Fax Consoles Microsoft Windows XP