  • Shared Printer
  • Printers
  • Windows XP
April 22, 2005 9:54:02 AM

Hi,
I have a problem that I couldn't share a EPL6200 laser printer at the PC
running XPP. Ican't even browse the network. However, the printer can be
shared among other PCs running win95 & win 98SE. I don't understand that
the PC with EPL6200 can use my printer where is PC is also running XPP.

At the pc with EPL6200, in the properties of the printer, I already granted
the security to everyone, even guest.
Please help to solve the problem. Thanks.

More about : shared printer

Anonymous
April 22, 2005 7:58:39 PM

How many PCs are trying to connect to the printer on the XP PC. You realize
XP Home has a 5 connection limitation and XP Pro has a 10 limitation?
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"Raymond Lo" <RaymondLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a problem that I couldn't share a EPL6200 laser printer at the PC
> running XPP. Ican't even browse the network. However, the printer can be
> shared among other PCs running win95 & win 98SE. I don't understand
> that
> the PC with EPL6200 can use my printer where is PC is also running XPP.
>
> At the pc with EPL6200, in the properties of the printer, I already
> granted
> the security to everyone, even guest.
> Please help to solve the problem. Thanks.

Anonymous
April 23, 2005 7:22:02 AM

The network is totally of 4 pcs. They are of win95, win98se & 2 winxpp and a
server 2000.

"Raymond Lo" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a problem that I couldn't share a EPL6200 laser printer at the PC
> running XPP. Ican't even browse the network. However, the printer can be
> shared among other PCs running win95 & win 98SE. I don't understand that
> the PC with EPL6200 can use my printer where is PC is also running XPP.
>
> At the pc with EPL6200, in the properties of the printer, I already granted
> the security to everyone, even guest.
> Please help to solve the problem. Thanks.
April 23, 2005 3:16:56 PM

Is the XP in the same workgroup as the others?
--

> The network is totally of 4 pcs. They are of win95, win98se & 2 winxpp
> and a
> server 2000.
>

> "Raymond Lo" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have a problem that I couldn't share a EPL6200 laser printer at the PC
>> running XPP. Ican't even browse the network. However, the printer can
>> be
>> shared among other PCs running win95 & win 98SE. I don't understand
>> that
>> the PC with EPL6200 can use my printer where is PC is also running XPP.
>>
>> At the pc with EPL6200, in the properties of the printer, I already
>> granted
>> the security to everyone, even guest.
>> Please help to solve the problem. Thanks.

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 12:24:02 AM

yes, they are in the same workgroup.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Is the XP in the same workgroup as the others?
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "Raymond Lo" <RaymondLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The network is totally of 4 pcs. They are of win95, win98se & 2 winxpp
> > and a
> > server 2000.
> >

> > "Raymond Lo" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> I have a problem that I couldn't share a EPL6200 laser printer at the PC
> >> running XPP. Ican't even browse the network. However, the printer can
> >> be
> >> shared among other PCs running win95 & win 98SE. I don't understand
> >> that
> >> the PC with EPL6200 can use my printer where is PC is also running XPP.
> >>
> >> At the pc with EPL6200, in the properties of the printer, I already
> >> granted
> >> the security to everyone, even guest.
> >> Please help to solve the problem. Thanks.

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 3:03:50 PM

Can the XP Pro PC without the printer see the XP Pro PC with the printer?

Have you tried Bruce Sanderson's article at:

> yes, they are in the same workgroup.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>

>> Is the XP in the same workgroup as the others?
>> --
>> Cari
>> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>>
>> "Raymond Lo" <RaymondLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The network is totally of 4 pcs. They are of win95, win98se & 2 winxpp
>> > and a
>> > server 2000.

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 9:36:02 AM

The XPP PC with Epson Laser can see the XPP PC with the Epson LQ printer.
It is just NOT the case around. The XPP PX with Epson LQ printer can't see
the XPP PC with the Laser.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Can the XP Pro PC without the printer see the XP Pro PC with the printer?
>
> Have you tried Bruce Sanderson's article at:
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/NetPrinterAllUsers.htm
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "Raymond Lo" <RaymondLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > yes, they are in the same workgroup.
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >

> >> Is the XP in the same workgroup as the others?
> >> --
> >> Cari
> >> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
> >>
> >> "Raymond Lo" <RaymondLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 5:15:20 PM

Install the Laser printer as per Bruce Sanderson's instructions in the

!