WHERE is Photo Printing Wizard?

April 22, 2005 3:04:11 PM

I'm making contact sheets of the contents of a large number of CDs. I'd like
to use both my CD drives to make the process go faster. However, I don't know
how to initialize the Photo Printing Wizard on demand. Currently, for the CD
in the first drive, I get a dialog box that offers several options, one of
them being "print the contents of the CD" or some such. When I move to the CD
in my second drive, the options box doesn't appear; I have to open the drive
and close it again.

I'd like to put a shortcut on my Desktop for the wizard, but I can't find
it. I've seen hints here that it's in "My Pictures" but it's not there.

Can anyone tell me where the Photo Printing Wizard resides?

More about : photo printing wizard

Anonymous
April 22, 2005 5:08:06 PM

You'll have to copy the pics from your CD to the
"My Pictures" folder in order to use the Photo
Printing Wizard.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"EileenO" wrote:

| I'm making contact sheets of the contents of a large number of CDs. I'd like
| to use both my CD drives to make the process go faster. However, I don't know
| how to initialize the Photo Printing Wizard on demand. Currently, for the CD
| in the first drive, I get a dialog box that offers several options, one of
| them being "print the contents of the CD" or some such. When I move to the CD
| in my second drive, the options box doesn't appear; I have to open the drive
| and close it again.
|
| I'd like to put a shortcut on my Desktop for the wizard, but I can't find
| it. I've seen hints here that it's in "My Pictures" but it's not there.
|
| Can anyone tell me where the Photo Printing Wizard resides?
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 5:48:49 AM

"EileenO" <EileenO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm making contact sheets of the contents of a large number of
> CDs. I'd like
> to use both my CD drives to make the process go faster. However, I
> don't know
> how to initialize the Photo Printing Wizard on demand. Currently,
> for the CD
> in the first drive, I get a dialog box that offers several
> options, one of
> them being "print the contents of the CD" or some such. When I
> move to the CD
> in my second drive, the options box doesn't appear; I have to open
> the drive
> and close it again.
>
> I'd like to put a shortcut on my Desktop for the wizard, but I
> can't find
> it. I've seen hints here that it's in "My Pictures" but it's not
> there.
>
> Can anyone tell me where the Photo Printing Wizard resides?

It is a DLL file called Shimgvw.dll which opens pictures as the
Picture and Fax Viewer. Did you check the Autoplay settings for the
second drive from its Properties? Autoplay can be set differently
for each removable drive.

--
Earl F. Parrish
April 24, 2005 12:49:47 AM

Would this help you?

rundll32.exe shimgvw.dll,ImageView_PrintTo /pt "%1" "Wrocklage PDF Printer"

"EileenO" <EileenO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm making contact sheets of the contents of a large number of CDs. I'd
> like
> to use both my CD drives to make the process go faster. However, I don't
> know
> how to initialize the Photo Printing Wizard on demand. Currently, for the
> CD
> in the first drive, I get a dialog box that offers several options, one of
> them being "print the contents of the CD" or some such. When I move to the
> CD
> in my second drive, the options box doesn't appear; I have to open the
> drive
> and close it again.
>
> I'd like to put a shortcut on my Desktop for the wizard, but I can't find
> it. I've seen hints here that it's in "My Pictures" but it's not there.
>
> Can anyone tell me where the Photo Printing Wizard resides?
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 11:44:13 AM

If you give my orginal question a careful reading, you'll note that an option
box appears automatically when I insert the first CD, offering the option to
print directly from the CD. And that there is no print option in my "My
Pictures" folder. How would your suggestion work?

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> You'll have to copy the pics from your CD to the
> "My Pictures" folder in order to use the Photo
> Printing Wizard.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "EileenO" wrote:
>
> | I'm making contact sheets of the contents of a large number of CDs. I'd like
> | to use both my CD drives to make the process go faster. However, I don't know
> | how to initialize the Photo Printing Wizard on demand. Currently, for the CD
> | in the first drive, I get a dialog box that offers several options, one of
> | them being "print the contents of the CD" or some such. When I move to the CD
> | in my second drive, the options box doesn't appear; I have to open the drive
> | and close it again.
> |
> | I'd like to put a shortcut on my Desktop for the wizard, but I can't find
> | it. I've seen hints here that it's in "My Pictures" but it's not there.
> |
> | Can anyone tell me where the Photo Printing Wizard resides?

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 11:49:19 AM

That may very well be helpful, Stefan. What is it and what should I do with it?

Thanks,
Eileen

"Stefan Engelbert" wrote:

> Would this help you?
>
> rundll32.exe shimgvw.dll,ImageView_PrintTo /pt "%1" "Wrocklage PDF Printer"
>

> "EileenO" <EileenO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm making contact sheets of the contents of a large number of CDs. I'd
> > like
> > to use both my CD drives to make the process go faster. However, I don't
> > know
> > how to initialize the Photo Printing Wizard on demand. Currently, for the
> > CD
> > in the first drive, I get a dialog box that offers several options, one of
> > them being "print the contents of the CD" or some such. When I move to the
> > CD
> > in my second drive, the options box doesn't appear; I have to open the
> > drive
> > and close it again.
> >
> > I'd like to put a shortcut on my Desktop for the wizard, but I can't find
> > it. I've seen hints here that it's in "My Pictures" but it's not there.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me where the Photo Printing Wizard resides?

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 11:51:01 AM

Interesting stuff. I didn't know my drives could have different settings.
I'll check into that this morning.

Tell me more about the .dll file. Since it's not an .exe file, how would I
use it?

Thanks,
Eileen

"Earl F. Parrish" wrote:

> "EileenO" <EileenO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm making contact sheets of the contents of a large number of
> > CDs. I'd like
> > to use both my CD drives to make the process go faster. However, I
> > don't know
> > how to initialize the Photo Printing Wizard on demand. Currently,
> > for the CD
> > in the first drive, I get a dialog box that offers several
> > options, one of
> > them being "print the contents of the CD" or some such. When I
> > move to the CD
> > in my second drive, the options box doesn't appear; I have to open
> > the drive
> > and close it again.
> >
> > I'd like to put a shortcut on my Desktop for the wizard, but I
> > can't find
> > it. I've seen hints here that it's in "My Pictures" but it's not
> > there.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me where the Photo Printing Wizard resides?
>
> It is a DLL file called Shimgvw.dll which opens pictures as the
> Picture and Fax Viewer. Did you check the Autoplay settings for the
> second drive from its Properties? Autoplay can be set differently
> for each removable drive.
>

> --
> Earl F. Parrish

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 3:11:40 AM

> That may very well be helpful, Stefan. What is it and what should
> I do with it?
>
> Thanks,
> Eileen
>
> "Stefan Engelbert" wrote:
>
>> Would this help you?
>>
>> rundll32.exe shimgvw.dll,ImageView_PrintTo /pt "%1" "Wrocklage
>> PDF Printer"

That is the command line for the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer in
case you have to set associations for graphics files.

--
Earl F. Parrish
!