Computer stalls five minutes or more opening files

I installed HP drivers for my OfficeJet 7410 All-in-One, from the Website.
When I go to open up a file and use the drop-down box to browse to a certain
location, it will stall for about five minutes before I get the Window. It
does this in Internet Explorer, My Computer, the RUN command, MS Word, and
basically everywhere this function is used.
I uninstalled the drivers and everything works fine.
I heard there was an issue re: this
How can I fix this.
3 answers Last reply
More about computer stalls minutes opening files

    Check at the HP website for updated drivers. It sounds like yours are
    corrupted.
    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    "Moses" <Moses@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I installed HP drivers for my OfficeJet 7410 All-in-One, from the Website.
    > When I go to open up a file and use the drop-down box to browse to a
    > certain
    > location, it will stall for about five minutes before I get the Window.
    > It
    > does this in Internet Explorer, My Computer, the RUN command, MS Word, and
    > basically everywhere this function is used.
    > I uninstalled the drivers and everything works fine.
    > I heard there was an issue re: this
    > How can I fix this.

    That's what I thought too, so these are the drivers straight from HP's
    website, and they act just the same as my older drivers.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Check at the HP website for updated drivers. It sounds like yours are
    > corrupted.
    > --
    > Cari
    > (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
    >
    > "Moses" <Moses@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I installed HP drivers for my OfficeJet 7410 All-in-One, from the Website.
    > > When I go to open up a file and use the drop-down box to browse to a
    > > certain
    > > location, it will stall for about five minutes before I get the Window.
    > > It
    > > does this in Internet Explorer, My Computer, the RUN command, MS Word, and
    > > basically everywhere this function is used.
    > > I uninstalled the drivers and everything works fine.
    > > I heard there was an issue re: this
    > > How can I fix this.

    Make sure you really clean up those old ones:

    > That's what I thought too, so these are the drivers straight from HP's
    > website, and they act just the same as my older drivers.
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >

    >> Check at the HP website for updated drivers. It sounds like yours are
    >> corrupted.
    >> --
    >> Cari
    >> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
    >>
    >> "Moses" <Moses@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I installed HP drivers for my OfficeJet 7410 All-in-One, from the
    >> >Website.
    >> > When I go to open up a file and use the drop-down box to browse to a
    >> > certain
    >> > location, it will stall for about five minutes before I get the Window.
    >> > It
    >> > does this in Internet Explorer, My Computer, the RUN command, MS Word,
    >> > and
    >> > basically everywhere this function is used.
    >> > I uninstalled the drivers and everything works fine.
    >> > I heard there was an issue re: this
    >> > How can I fix this.

Drivers Computers Windows XP