Computer stalls five minutes or more opening files

Moses

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2002

I installed HP drivers for my OfficeJet 7410 All-in-One, from the Website.
When I go to open up a file and use the drop-down box to browse to a certain
location, it will stall for about five minutes before I get the Window. It
does this in Internet Explorer, My Computer, the RUN command, MS Word, and
basically everywhere this function is used.
I uninstalled the drivers and everything works fine.
I heard there was an issue re: this
How can I fix this.

Check at the HP website for updated drivers. It sounds like yours are
corrupted.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"Moses" <Moses@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed HP drivers for my OfficeJet 7410 All-in-One, from the Website.
> When I go to open up a file and use the drop-down box to browse to a
> certain
> location, it will stall for about five minutes before I get the Window.
> It
> does this in Internet Explorer, My Computer, the RUN command, MS Word, and
> basically everywhere this function is used.
> I uninstalled the drivers and everything works fine.
> I heard there was an issue re: this
> How can I fix this.

Moses

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2002

That's what I thought too, so these are the drivers straight from HP's
website, and they act just the same as my older drivers.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Check at the HP website for updated drivers. It sounds like yours are
> corrupted.
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "Moses" <Moses@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I installed HP drivers for my OfficeJet 7410 All-in-One, from the Website.
> > When I go to open up a file and use the drop-down box to browse to a
> > certain
> > location, it will stall for about five minutes before I get the Window.
> > It
> > does this in Internet Explorer, My Computer, the RUN command, MS Word, and
> > basically everywhere this function is used.
> > I uninstalled the drivers and everything works fine.
> > I heard there was an issue re: this
> > How can I fix this.

Make sure you really clean up those old ones: