double sided xp printing

hey, i know its possible to do it but how can i set my printer up with win xp
to print double sided. I've got my computer and printer on a network and i
can print double sided on the other computer and i've seen other printers set
up to print 2 sided on win xp so how do i do it with mine? Any ideas?
--
cheers

Byte

The following may help the readers of this post:
Make/brand/model of printer you are using?
Application you are using to print?
Network and how many printers?
Inkjet or laserjet?
XP or XP Pro?
Male or female? (just kidding here)
Over or under 18?
This is not the psychic network, capish? Cheers.
Making Good NewsGroup Posts
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"MR EDDD" wrote:

> hey, i know its possible to do it but how can i set my printer up with win xp
> to print double sided. I've got my computer and printer on a network and i
> can print double sided on the other computer and i've seen other printers set
> up to print 2 sided on win xp so how do i do it with mine? Any ideas?
> --
> cheers

peter

It has nothing to do with XP, it's your printer settings that control that.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The following may help the readers of this post:
> Make/brand/model of printer you are using?
> Application you are using to print?
> Network and how many printers?
> Inkjet or laserjet?
> XP or XP Pro?
> Male or female? (just kidding here)
> Over or under 18?
> This is not the psychic network, capish? Cheers.
> Making Good NewsGroup Posts
> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> "MR EDDD" wrote:
>
>> hey, i know its possible to do it but how can i set my printer up with
>> win xp
>> to print double sided. I've got my computer and printer on a network and
>> can print double sided on the other computer and i've seen other printers
>> set
>> up to print 2 sided on win xp so how do i do it with mine? Any ideas?
>> --
>> cheers

peter

I should have added that it might work if you uninstalled and then
reinstalled the printer.

--

Byte wrote:
> The following may help the readers of this post:
> Make/brand/model of printer you are using?
> Application you are using to print?
> Network and how many printers?
> Inkjet or laserjet?
> XP or XP Pro?
> Male or female? (just kidding here)
> Over or under 18?
> This is not the psychic network, capish? Cheers.
> Making Good NewsGroup Posts
> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

It's spelt 'capiche' ;o)

Byte

Thanks Tick, it still sounds the same. The past tense of "spell" is spelled,
unless your from the UK, they use spelt, just like smelt something fishy.
Cheers.

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

> Byte wrote:
> > The following may help the readers of this post:
> > Make/brand/model of printer you are using?
> > Application you are using to print?
> > Network and how many printers?
> > Inkjet or laserjet?
> > XP or XP Pro?
> > Male or female? (just kidding here)
> > Over or under 18?
> > This is not the psychic network, capish? Cheers.
> > Making Good NewsGroup Posts
> > http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> It's spelt 'capiche' ;o)
>
> --
> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

I am having trouble printing double sided on a HP890c. Xp recognizes my
printer but does not give me the option to print double sided. I went to
Hewlett Packards web site and tried to download the latest driver for the XP
OS. HP did a check and said I had the latest driver but I still have no
option to select double sided. What can anyone suggest.

"MR EDDD" wrote:

> hey, i know its possible to do it but how can i set my printer up with win xp
> to print double sided. I've got my computer and printer on a network and i
> can print double sided on the other computer and i've seen other printers set
> up to print 2 sided on win xp so how do i do it with mine? Any ideas?
> --
> cheers

If HP decided not to include this function is XP then the answer is to
either puchase a new printer or use the shareware found at www.fineprint.com
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)