problem overclocking cel. 400 with snd card

usama

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2001
hi buddys,
i overclocked my celeron 400 from 66 mhz fsb(or whatever) to 75 and 83 and at both the sound card which is internal with the motherboard stops working.it just diassapears.any help would be great and also in the bios there are th followingg option (1. Auto) (2. 66 Mhz/on) (3. 66 mhz/off) (4. 75 mhz/off) and (5. 83 mhz/off) .. what should i do the clock multiplier is from 3 to 8..any suggestion would be great.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You can't change the multiplier on that CPU, so your only option when overclocking is to use a soundcard.

<font color=blue>By now you're probably wishing you had ask more questions first!</font color=blue>

Dinski

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2002
That's because this way you overclock the sound chip - it's built in the mobo, right?
Now you have to choose - to upgrade the CPU, to overclock with no sound or to stay.
If you disable built-in sound and buy a new model brand (not "no-name") PCI card, probably you could clock the bus at 75 MHz. If the card is really good, it may run also @ 83 MHz bus.

<font color=orange>ÃÎËßÌ ÇÀËÚÊ ËÀÏÍÈ, ÃÎËßÌÀ ÙÀÍÃÀ ÂÄÈÃÍÈ!</font color=orange>

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
I used to have a PPGA Celery 400 and a Houston Technologies i440BX board and I could overclock it with an 83Mhz FSB with no problems and no voltage increases AND it had on-board audio..it never disapeared.....it ran fine at 500MHz...i ONCE in awhile could get it to hit 600MHz (6*100) but all those PPGA Celerons after 366 didnt like 100MHz FSB...it was nearing there max threshold of the 0.25 Micron process line.....

Anyways it all depends on how much money u wanan spend...seeign how ur still runing this celery 400 system ur best bet is to go to ur local computer store at pick up there absolute cheapest sound card there thats PCI based and stick it in......so that'll cost u like what? $8 US? Otherwise u'll need to keep running it at stock speeds to HAVE the sound OR u can upgrade the MB, which isnt worth it....so ud end up upgrading everything....

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new">-MeTaL RoCkEr</A>