Printer Installation New Hardware Wizard problem

I have installed my Epson C82 printer - but as soon as i switch it on i get
thee "Found new hardward" Wizard telling me that it cannot install this
hardware - the printer driver is unknown. The finish button is the only
choice then offered.
When clicked the printer behaves fine.

How can I stop this New Hardware wizard appearing? I have tried
uninstalling and re-installing the printer several times - but to no avail.
Please advise.
3 answers Last reply
More about printer installation hardware wizard problem

    The New Hardware Wizard May Detect the Printer Device After Every Restart of
    the computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298370

    "Frederic" wrote:

    > I have installed my Epson C82 printer - but as soon as i switch it on i get
    > thee "Found new hardward" Wizard telling me that it cannot install this
    > hardware - the printer driver is unknown. The finish button is the only
    > choice then offered.
    > When clicked the printer behaves fine.
    >
    > How can I stop this New Hardware wizard appearing? I have tried
    > uninstalling and re-installing the printer several times - but to no avail.
    > Please advise.

    My problem is the same as frederic's, but the Wizard cannot find the software
    in the Cd-ROM drive. Printer is a Lexmark Z700 series and the installation
    software is in the drive.

    "Byte" wrote:

    > The New Hardware Wizard May Detect the Printer Device After Every Restart of
    > the computer
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298370
    >
    > "Frederic" wrote:
    >
    > > I have installed my Epson C82 printer - but as soon as i switch it on i get
    > > thee "Found new hardward" Wizard telling me that it cannot install this
    > > hardware - the printer driver is unknown. The finish button is the only
    > > choice then offered.
    > > When clicked the printer behaves fine.
    > >
    > > How can I stop this New Hardware wizard appearing? I have tried
    > > uninstalling and re-installing the printer several times - but to no avail.
    > > Please advise.

    Download a new set of the printer driver software from the Lexmark website
    at www.lexmark.com
    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My problem is the same as frederic's, but the Wizard cannot find the
    > software
    > in the Cd-ROM drive. Printer is a Lexmark Z700 series and the installation
    > software is in the drive.
    >
    > "Byte" wrote:
    >
    >> The New Hardware Wizard May Detect the Printer Device After Every Restart
    >> of
    >> the computer
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298370
    >>
    >> "Frederic" wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have installed my Epson C82 printer - but as soon as i switch it on i
    >> > get
    >> > thee "Found new hardward" Wizard telling me that it cannot install this
    >> > hardware - the printer driver is unknown. The finish button is the
    >> > only
    >> > choice then offered.
    >> > When clicked the printer behaves fine.
    >> >
    >> > How can I stop this New Hardware wizard appearing? I have tried
    >> > uninstalling and re-installing the printer several times - but to no
    >> > avail.
    >> > Please advise.

Hardware Printers Windows XP