Printer Installation New Hardware Wizard problem

I have installed my Epson C82 printer - but as soon as i switch it on i get
thee "Found new hardward" Wizard telling me that it cannot install this
hardware - the printer driver is unknown. The finish button is the only
choice then offered.
When clicked the printer behaves fine.

How can I stop this New Hardware wizard appearing? I have tried
uninstalling and re-installing the printer several times - but to no avail.
Please advise.

Byte

The New Hardware Wizard May Detect the Printer Device After Every Restart of
the computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298370

"Frederic" wrote:

> I have installed my Epson C82 printer - but as soon as i switch it on i get
> thee "Found new hardward" Wizard telling me that it cannot install this
> hardware - the printer driver is unknown. The finish button is the only
> choice then offered.
> When clicked the printer behaves fine.
>
> How can I stop this New Hardware wizard appearing? I have tried
> uninstalling and re-installing the printer several times - but to no avail.
> Please advise.

jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

My problem is the same as frederic's, but the Wizard cannot find the software
in the Cd-ROM drive. Printer is a Lexmark Z700 series and the installation
software is in the drive.

"Byte" wrote:

> The New Hardware Wizard May Detect the Printer Device After Every Restart of
> the computer
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298370
>
> "Frederic" wrote:
>
> > I have installed my Epson C82 printer - but as soon as i switch it on i get
> > thee "Found new hardward" Wizard telling me that it cannot install this
> > hardware - the printer driver is unknown. The finish button is the only
> > choice then offered.
> > When clicked the printer behaves fine.
> >
> > How can I stop this New Hardware wizard appearing? I have tried
> > uninstalling and re-installing the printer several times - but to no avail.
> > Please advise.

Download a new set of the printer driver software from the Lexmark website
at www.lexmark.com
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)