Problems with Compaq laptop

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

It is running Windows 98SE with 96MB of RAM

1) Standby no longer works. I hear the sound when I press the button,
but thats it
2) Its become unreliable- I ran Norton Win Doctor and the problems have
remained, and as far as I know all viruses and spyware are off (I have
NAV and McAfee Anti Spyware. I tried the freeware spyware programs and
installed this professional spyware program and boy has it made a
difference!

Perhaps could it be that my computer has become unreliable is because of
RAM? Well I recenly ordered a 128MB RAM chip off Ebay and once that is
installed my laptop will have 160MB which should be adequate for 98.

John
--
1Cor. 1:18 ¶ For the message of the cross is foolishness to
those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it

When was the last time you backuped up your data, reformatted the machine
and reinstalled Windows 98?

I find that annually is the longest I could go.

Tom