Checkpoint VPN

Jim

Has anyone had experience using Checkpoint AI's VPN with 300 to 500
users ? It was mentioned that Our Clustered IP330's would have a hard
time with that many VPN users. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jim

Checkpoint's "recommendation" is no more than 150...active...users per
server. If 200 - 300 are expected to be online most of the time, then, for
reasonable performance...it would be in your best interest to run an
additional server. Recommended, does not mean it can not be done, as for the
reason for the limitation, I have no documentation.

If the issue is "hard wired" it may be limited by tables, logic, if it is
hardware...then you might be able to increase memory, use dual processors
(no, do not know if the process is multithreaded)..Try it and see. The worse
that could happen is you buy an additional server and licenses. The
best...it works and you save a few dollars.

"Jim" <jfiliberto@fsa.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone had experience using Checkpoint AI's VPN with 300 to 500
> users ? It was mentioned that Our Clustered IP330's would have a hard
> time with that many VPN users. Any help is greatly appreciated.
>

> Jim

---