Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Faxing causes Application to Hang

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 11:04:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

XP Professional SP2 and Office 2003 SP1. When faxing using outlook contacts
the fax is sent, however, the active application hangs. This consistently
occurs within Office Suite apps and 3rd party apps installed on the PC.
Event viewer only displays the error 1001 generic application hang error.
This is happening on only 1 PC in the office, all other PC's configured the
same have no issue. The server is running Windows 2003 Small Business Server.

Any ideas?
--
Deb O.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 8:53:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Never seen this reported.
What application hangs?
What client fax software?
How was integration with Outlook established?
How is faxing initiated?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Deb O" <DebO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1DDA8ED2-B000-4CDA-A6FF-8C67C76EF67D@microsoft.com...
> XP Professional SP2 and Office 2003 SP1. When faxing using outlook
> contacts
> the fax is sent, however, the active application hangs. This consistently
> occurs within Office Suite apps and 3rd party apps installed on the PC.
> Event viewer only displays the error 1001 generic application hang error.
> This is happening on only 1 PC in the office, all other PC's configured
> the
> same have no issue. The server is running Windows 2003 Small Business
> Server.
>
> Any ideas?
> --
> Deb O.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 8:53:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

It occurs within Word 2003, Excel 2003, and a third-party app (Soapware).
Interestingly enough I have found that within each entry in the Application
log the application hang message notes a dll as one of the faulting modules.
It's emsmdb32.dll (stored in C:\Program Files\Common
Files\System\MSMAPI\1033)

I have searched technet and haven't found any articles that address this.
We're using the Fax service on the Windows 2003 Small Business Server and
there is no third party fax software in use. When the fax is sent, the
client is using the outlook contacts that are stored in a public folder on
the Exchange server to retrieve the fax number. The faxes are being
successfully sent to their destination which means that the failure of this
dll occurs once the fax is transmitted???

Does anyone know what the functionality of this dll is? The properties
indicate it is an Exchange Information Store Service Provider.
--
Deb O.


"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Never seen this reported.
> What application hangs?
> What client fax software?
> How was integration with Outlook established?
> How is faxing initiated?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Deb O" <DebO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:1DDA8ED2-B000-4CDA-A6FF-8C67C76EF67D@microsoft.com...
> > XP Professional SP2 and Office 2003 SP1. When faxing using outlook
> > contacts
> > the fax is sent, however, the active application hangs. This consistently
> > occurs within Office Suite apps and 3rd party apps installed on the PC.
> > Event viewer only displays the error 1001 generic application hang error.
> > This is happening on only 1 PC in the office, all other PC's configured
> > the
> > same have no issue. The server is running Windows 2003 Small Business
> > Server.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> > --
> > Deb O.
>
>
>
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 9:56:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Well, for starters you're posting in the wrong group. This group supports
Windows XP Fax, not the SBS fax client. You might want to seek out an SBS or
Exchange group for help on this one.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Deb O" <DebO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9EE1BB75-D191-430D-97D4-C6D18C288D7D@microsoft.com...
> It occurs within Word 2003, Excel 2003, and a third-party app (Soapware).
> Interestingly enough I have found that within each entry in the
> Application
> log the application hang message notes a dll as one of the faulting
> modules.
> It's emsmdb32.dll (stored in C:\Program Files\Common
> Files\System\MSMAPI\1033)
>
> I have searched technet and haven't found any articles that address this.
> We're using the Fax service on the Windows 2003 Small Business Server and
> there is no third party fax software in use. When the fax is sent, the
> client is using the outlook contacts that are stored in a public folder on
> the Exchange server to retrieve the fax number. The faxes are being
> successfully sent to their destination which means that the failure of
> this
> dll occurs once the fax is transmitted???
>
> Does anyone know what the functionality of this dll is? The properties
> indicate it is an Exchange Information Store Service Provider.
> --
> Deb O.
>
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Never seen this reported.
>> What application hangs?
>> What client fax software?
>> How was integration with Outlook established?
>> How is faxing initiated?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Deb O" <DebO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:1DDA8ED2-B000-4CDA-A6FF-8C67C76EF67D@microsoft.com...
>> > XP Professional SP2 and Office 2003 SP1. When faxing using outlook
>> > contacts
>> > the fax is sent, however, the active application hangs. This
>> > consistently
>> > occurs within Office Suite apps and 3rd party apps installed on the PC.
>> > Event viewer only displays the error 1001 generic application hang
>> > error.
>> > This is happening on only 1 PC in the office, all other PC's configured
>> > the
>> > same have no issue. The server is running Windows 2003 Small Business
>> > Server.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>> > --
>> > Deb O.
>>
>>
>>
!