WILL MY PC RUN CRYSIS 2??

Hello, I want it to run on ultra and directX11 as well, please i need to know, at least 50-60 Fps is fine my monitor is just 22' LED i 1080p nothing big, so help!

motherboard
mb-intel-BLKDP67BAB3 - Intel® DP67BA Featuring USB 3.0 and SATA 6G [B3 Stepping]

Processor
cpu-intel-i5-3570K - Intel® Core™ i5 3570K 3.4GHz/3.8GHz Turbo 6MB L3 Cache HD 4000

Memory/Ram
mem-corsair-CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 - 8GB Corsair® XMS3™ DDR3-1600 1.5V (2x4GB)

Graphics card
gpu-nvidia-gtx-670 - NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 670 2GB GDDR5 w/PhysX [ENTHUSIAST] <- faster and overlocked

My pc is overlocked safely to 4.0Ghz

HELP!!!!
16 answers Last reply
More about will crysis
  1. Looking at your specs right now it seems fine. I can run BF3 on ultra with a GTX 570... But then again every card differs. Just wondering about your power supply, if you could be so kind to post the max watts. But overall it seems like a good system and you will most likely be good to go!
  2. My power supply is

600W Corsair® Gamer Series 80 Plus Certified PSU
  3. You should be able to run it just fine with that rig....even with mods.
  4. YES! Easily.
  5. +1 You'll smoke this game.

However, if you really wanna test your rig. Put on Very High graphics + DX11 patch + Hi Res package. You might make your rig sweat then...
  6. hahahhaha... i have an old pentium 4 which runs crysis 2 perfectly with 1 gb of ram and a geforce 210.. that pc gives me 40 fps... if my old pc can run it so you will be smoking this game...
  7. This seemed like an "I got a new beastly computer, look at me!" type of post. I find it hard to believe he actually felt he needed to ask.
  8. Sorry :/ i never before bought a pc i build online so i am really worried on what to expect.... is the first time and im sure you know how first times are... i know all about pcs and latest technology just need to make sure i can run ALL the highest end games in max settings and mods i am sorry if i made it seem that way.

Im really nervous in spending 1.5k on something that would turn out bad you know?
  9. man!! why are u worried? your pc is a beast. it can also run battlefield 3 on ultra if the resolution is on 1080p or high.... don't worry about your pc... you have spent 1.5k so it will be good..
  10. stormblaz said:
    Sorry :/ i never before bought a pc i build online so i am really worried on what to expect.... is the first time and im sure you know how first times are... i know all about pcs and latest technology just need to make sure i can run ALL the highest end games in max settings and mods i am sorry if i made it seem that way.

Im really nervous in spending 1.5k on something that would turn out bad you know?

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so harsh. Anyways, Crysis 2 isn't even all that demanding. I recently downloaded some mods, which make the game even better looking; MaLDoHD 3.0.

With the mods, it rivals other games in demand, but it's pretty tame without the mods.
  11. what are mods?
  12. Mods = Modification is to enhance the original values and gameplay, looks, mechanics of a game, thus putting neither Better looking detail such as DirectX11 pacthes and modifications or better smooth gameplay, and stable fraps mods for games (: They are very nice addition to prevent boredom
  13. so will they effect the graphics and speed?
  14. arsalan12 said:
    so will they effect the graphics and speed?

Your graphics card will always be the same, but mods usually add higher demands on the graphics card.
  15. oh ok.. thank you
  16. that pc is perfectly fine for running most games at ultra and 1 or 2 really demanding games at near ultra. when i say near i mean you just turn down aa or blur and the games should then give a minimum of 60 fps...
    some games like bf3 have a couple of maps where no matter how strong your gpu is you wont get 60 fps rock solid. instead you will find a few places where the fps droops to 55 and it wont matter how good your gfx is it will still get a drop. not because the card isnt strong enough. its just that some of the map pollys rat-nest(where multiple polygons intersect and overlay forground and background) in the distance causing calc errors which then cause fps droop.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Video Games