Sign in with
Your question

Skyrim mod issue.

Last response: in Video Games
September 12, 2012 3:58:45 AM

Hey, I've got another problem to have you guys help me solve. Didn't want to scan through all the posts to see if there was something similar because there is just too many posts.

So I've gotten back into Skyrim, if you can even ever get out, and I've decided to add a bunch of mods to 'enhance' my experience. My issue now, is that there are a few mods that will not activate, both with their own roadblock or sorts.

First one, and arguably most important, is the Macho Man Chicken mod.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4376
I've downloaded it, extracted it into my data folder, all the proper places. I've double checked to make sure the creator didn't give the wrong file placement locations, and nope. This way, however, I can open the mod manager and activate it and have the little box ticked. It doesn't appear in boot order. It doesn't play the kill sounds for the chickens.

I've re-downloaded it with the NMM, and it added all the information that was missing to the manager, such as description and how to install and stuff. This time I can activate it, but the selection box doesn't become ticked. It only played sounds of the macho man on death. No body.
I absolutely must have this.

Next is the Lite 2k Textures mod.
Followed the instructions to the dime and it doesn't work. I tried re-packaging it all as one mod and it doesn't work. I'll be trying the Full version of this mod in a couple days to see if there is a difference.

I've also tried running the mods by themselves.

Don't know if this helps, but that's why I'm putting it here:
My computer can run Skyrim at full detail(Ultra, all draw distances maxed, etc.), 2 samples of Antialiasing and 8 samples of Anisotropic filtering.

550Ti at stock clock
7GB of ddr2 ram(Weird, I know)
Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz (q6600)

I'll be back tomorrow a little later in the evening(7 or 6, maybe), Mountain time, as I have school and don't have time to monitor this tonight.

More about : skyrim mod issue

September 12, 2012 2:26:16 PM

I rarely turn people away from TH's forum...and maybe someone will help you here but when you've got an issue that precise, I'd would highly recommend you take it up with the modder.

It just so happens that Skyrim Nexus have a platform you can use and discuss bugs/issues with the creators of these mods. Go to the same place you've downloaded the mod from and look for the comments/discussion section. There, you can read for possible fixes to your problem and if you can't find an answer, do ask for help there. They'll be in a much better position to help.

m
l
September 12, 2012 2:54:36 PM

one thing to keep in mind with any texture mods. if you've got the free dlc enhanced texture pack by beth, it prevent any other mods from loading their textures.

There's probably a work around for this issue, problem is I haven't played the game since that issue came up, so I don't know of a solution off the top of my head.
m
l
Related resources
September 12, 2012 3:36:52 PM

Alex The PC Gamer said:
I rarely turn people away from TH's forum...and maybe someone will help you here but when you've got an issue that precise, I'd would highly recommend you take it up with the modder.

It just so happens that Skyrim Nexus have a platform you can use and discuss bugs/issues with the creators of these mods. Go to the same place you've downloaded the mod from and look for the comments/discussion section. There, you can read for possible fixes to your problem and if you can't find an answer, do ask for help there. They'll be in a much better position to help.

I've read the comments of the Chicken mod and some people have a similar problem, but they haven't been resolved(At least as far back as I've gone, there are lots of comments).

And with the texture thing, I don't have the Bethseda pack, this was the first one I was gunna try.

I can tell you that I've googled the crap out of both these problems and haven't found a fix. I guess I'll try a reinstal when I get home, and if that doesn't work, I'll ask the Nexus forums. I actually forgot they had them. Duh.
m
l
September 12, 2012 10:04:45 PM

I'm not even sure if you need to install it separately anymore, since it was a free DLC. I believe it should still show up in the load list when you run NNM.
m
l
September 29, 2012 3:46:26 AM

(if anyone is still here)

If you have a 550Ti graphics card you should NOT be trying to add graphics mods anyway. Even if he had enough VRAM to do it, the card really isn't powerful enough to do it without a huge FPS drop.

I had an HD5870 (GTX680 now) and I could get 60FPS most of the time without the official HD Texture Pack but my frame rate went to about 45FPS with the HD pack installed (so I removed it).

I'm baffled at how some people will try to upgrade the quality of graphics even if that means the game averages about 30FPS and drops below 20FPS with frequent stutters.

Speaking of which, if you have an AMD card and your FPS is around 40FPS your best bet is probably to get RadeonPro and use the HALF VSYNC method to lock to a solid 30FPS and prevent screen tearing.
m
l
September 29, 2012 8:13:04 AM

photonboy said:
(if anyone is still here)

If you have a 550Ti graphics card you should NOT be trying to add graphics mods anyway. Even if he had enough VRAM to do it, the card really isn't powerful enough to do it without a huge FPS drop.

I had an HD5870 (GTX680 now) and I could get 60FPS most of the time without the official HD Texture Pack but my frame rate went to about 45FPS with the HD pack installed (so I removed it).

I'm baffled at how some people will try to upgrade the quality of graphics even if that means the game averages about 30FPS and drops below 20FPS with frequent stutters.

Speaking of which, if you have an AMD card and your FPS is around 40FPS your best bet is probably to get RadeonPro and use the HALF VSYNC method to lock to a solid 30FPS and prevent screen tearing.

This sounds like bologna, because I had 20 some different mods in with my 550Ti on Ultra with 4X AA and 8X AF and I was having 60FPS while not in combat and around 40fps in combat.

Sadly my harddrive died a couple days ago, so I can't tell you what all the mods were. Mostly texture packs. I even managed to get the FULL 2k Texture pack to work, with better water and weather mods. The ONLY mod I couldn't get to work was the Machoman Chicken mod.
m
l
September 29, 2012 8:14:28 AM

My Skyrim was beautiful with that 550Ti, I tell you h'wat.
m
l
September 29, 2012 8:20:16 AM

Also, that was only intense combat with 4 or more NPC's and myself using magic(Which also had a mod to make it look better).
m
l
!