Sign in with
Your question

7.1 headset now I need 7.1 soundcard. Help!!

Last response: in Video Games
September 12, 2012 8:52:48 AM

I've been building myself a dream machine and I need some advice in the sound card department. I own a pair of razer Tiamat 7.1 headphones and I am looking for the Best Possible Soundcard for them! Price is not a concern.

So far from my own research I have come between 2 cards (feel free to suggest others) which are.

HT Omega Claro +Plus 7.1
Vs
Auzen X-Meridian 7.1 2G

As far as I can tell these cards don't have the same virtual 3D headphone surround stuff that most creatove cards have. do I need to worry about that seeing as they are physically 7.1 headphones being plugged into 7.1 analog connections? I would prefer to stay away from creative labs, my last 2 builds I went with them and I was disappointed each time.

My focus is 100% gaming as I've converted my last PC into my music machine. I play mostly FPS games and I want to hear my enemies perfectly from exact locations. ;) 

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

More about : headset soundcard

September 12, 2012 6:30:15 PM

either choice will be good. as there both very nice bits of kit...
X-Meridian is more for the tuner as you can install your own caps to get a smoother richer sound or a harsher mid tone which is better for gaming.
so i would be inclined to pick that 1 but thats because i like getting the soldering iron out and having a much about to see if i can improve things... some times they go bang other times i get a nice surprise.
m
l
!