epson printer problems

I have an epsom 740. It's been working just fine. Been tearing my hair out
here. I am trying to print off some pictures. I know I've got plenty of ink.
I have gone to my utilitys a thousand times and cleaned cleaned and cleaned
over and over till I"m turning blue.

The pictures themselves are coming out. But for some stupid reason there are
vertical lines running through them of green, yellow, and red. I can't seem
to get rid of the lines. I have done every utility there is over and over for
the past few hours.

any ideas? What am I missing here?

Walt

Your printer is getting old.. you may not be using 'EPSON' cartridges.. it
would probably benefit from a visit to a service point.. alas, it is cheaper
and more cost effective perhaps to buy a new one..

A printer may cost you $60.. getting replacement hair?

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"walt" <walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an epsom 740. It's been working just fine. Been tearing my hair out
> here. I am trying to print off some pictures. I know I've got plenty of
> ink.
> I have gone to my utilitys a thousand times and cleaned cleaned and
> cleaned
> over and over till I"m turning blue.
>
> The pictures themselves are coming out. But for some stupid reason there
> are
> vertical lines running through them of green, yellow, and red. I can't
> seem
> to get rid of the lines. I have done every utility there is over and over
> for
> the past few hours.
>
> any ideas? What am I missing here?

Thanks for the help. Will do that.

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Walt
>
> Your printer is getting old.. you may not be using 'EPSON' cartridges.. it
> would probably benefit from a visit to a service point.. alas, it is cheaper
> and more cost effective perhaps to buy a new one..
>
> A printer may cost you $60.. getting replacement hair?
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "walt" <walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have an epsom 740. It's been working just fine. Been tearing my hair out
> > here. I am trying to print off some pictures. I know I've got plenty of
> > ink.
> > I have gone to my utilitys a thousand times and cleaned cleaned and
> > cleaned
> > over and over till I"m turning blue.
> >
> > The pictures themselves are coming out. But for some stupid reason there
> > are
> > vertical lines running through them of green, yellow, and red. I can't
> > seem
> > to get rid of the lines. I have done every utility there is over and over
> > for
> > the past few hours.
> >
> > any ideas? What am I missing here?

TRENDING THREADS