water cooling

clembot

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2002
If I'm building a water cooled system, where should i get the distilled water? Is regular spring water from the store ok, or does it have too many minerals?

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
You can usually buy it in plastic gallon cartons (the same milk comes in) and you will know it's distilled because it tastes very bitter. Not sure about minerals in the water but I would opt to get plain water, and not "talking rain" or "gatorade water".

1° of separation between my monopoly and yours. That's business with .NET

Faenzamov

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2002
What case you gonna use for it? I was going to build one too. I would like to use the case from the review but am unable to identify it. I want to get one that all components can behoused within the case.

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
See my other post, and sorry I don't have a lot of experience with different cases. I would imagine any full tower would work since it has so much space at the top.

Check this out:

<A HREF="http://www.exoticpc.com/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EPC&Product_Code=ICEBERGI" target="_new">http://www.exoticpc.com/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EPC&Product_Code=ICEBERGI</A>

This is the Poseidon water cooler, renamed for the US Market. Best of all the radiator is only 3.7" x 5.3" x 1.8" and should actually <i>fit</i> inside cases. Plus it's made by 3R System, and they make high quality stuff. It's only $99 for this water cooling set!

1° of separation between my monopoly and yours. That's business with .NET<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by cakecake on 07/31/02 00:09 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
use distilled water + water wetter. its the best combo. dont use antifreeze or nothing like that. only use 10% of water wetter and 90% distilled water

the worst failure is not trying........so go ahead and TRY to overclock your cpu to 5ghz