My computer crashes.. plz help

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Battlefield
  • Computers
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
September 12, 2012 3:40:41 PM

Hey everybody, could someone plz help me out. I'm going crazy trying to figure out whats wrong with my computer. its driving me nuts.

I recently started playing battlefield bad company 2, not even the newer battlefield 3. It works pretty fine until I get into a vehicle and get blown up. As soon as that happens, or at times even with a grenade or anything actually, my computer crashes. The graphics card is kind of old but should not be a problem. I dont get it. The worst thing is that I play at the minimum graphics and resolution possible and that still happens.

this is what I got:

- Intel core i7 920 @ 2666 MHz 279 GHz

- OS windows 7 64 bit

- NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260

- DirectX version 11

- RAM 8 GB

- 22 inch monitor

Tell me I'm the problem, anything. I don't mind, I just want to get this problem fixed.

More about : computer crashes plz

September 12, 2012 4:00:48 PM

Btw, I just cleaned out the dust from all the fans, and it still crashes.. graphic card temp is around 60.
September 12, 2012 5:16:25 PM

Describe the crashes please.
Related resources
September 13, 2012 9:29:50 AM

the computer just turns off, and starts back up again, sending me to the bios where I choose to start it up normally.

It turns off as if someone suddenly unplugged the electricity.
September 13, 2012 10:01:17 AM

Have you tried re-installing the game and also probably DirectX ?
September 13, 2012 12:39:41 PM

I dont think its the game. I always thought it was the graphics card, I was just about to buy a new one but I just recently found out that other ppl use the same one and it works perfectly.
I dont think its the game because I had the same problem at the beginning with MW2 and black ops. I just lowered the graphics and it worked.. but its not the same case with Btf bad comapny 2.

I never tried re installing direct x. Do you think that may be the problem?

My brother jsut wrote me a couple minutes ago telling me a friend of his said the NVDIA graphic card 200 series have a fan that operates at only 40%. Could this be the possible problem? OVer heating?..

If so , how in the world can I make the fan go faster? and would that damage the card?
September 14, 2012 8:36:13 AM

I have no idea to run that
September 14, 2012 3:26:24 PM

Download auto installer for USB flash drive, insert your flash drive to the computer, run the installer, restart the PC and boot from the USB flash drive.
!