Printer Wizard cannot find Lexmark Install Software in CD-..

jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Bought my e-machines computer last December, everything worked fine until
problems arose resulting in restoring. Now printer wont work. Print Wizard
recognizes printer, but cant find installation software which is most
definately IN the CD-ROM Drive. I'm not very advanced in computer literacy so
I may be overlooking something simple.

Thanks

Jeremy

Disconnect the printer from the system.. insert the CD and let it
autostart.. the installation process will tell you when to connect the
printer again..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Bought my e-machines computer last December, everything worked fine until
> problems arose resulting in restoring. Now printer wont work. Print Wizard
> recognizes printer, but cant find installation software which is most
> definately IN the CD-ROM Drive. I'm not very advanced in computer literacy
> so
> I may be overlooking something simple.
>
> Thanks

jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When I insert the CD-ROM, no icon on my desktop; where do I find the software?

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Jeremy
>
> Disconnect the printer from the system.. insert the CD and let it
> autostart.. the installation process will tell you when to connect the
> printer again..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Bought my e-machines computer last December, everything worked fine until
> > problems arose resulting in restoring. Now printer wont work. Print Wizard
> > recognizes printer, but cant find installation software which is most
> > definately IN the CD-ROM Drive. I'm not very advanced in computer literacy
> > so
> > I may be overlooking something simple.
> >
> > Thanks

Download a new set of drivers from the print manufacturer's website.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)