Printer Wizard cannot find Lexmark Install Software in CD-..

Bought my e-machines computer last December, everything worked fine until
problems arose resulting in restoring. Now printer wont work. Print Wizard
recognizes printer, but cant find installation software which is most
definately IN the CD-ROM Drive. I'm not very advanced in computer literacy so
I may be overlooking something simple.

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about printer wizard find lexmark install software

    Jeremy

    Disconnect the printer from the system.. insert the CD and let it
    autostart.. the installation process will tell you when to connect the
    printer again..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Bought my e-machines computer last December, everything worked fine until
    > problems arose resulting in restoring. Now printer wont work. Print Wizard
    > recognizes printer, but cant find installation software which is most
    > definately IN the CD-ROM Drive. I'm not very advanced in computer literacy
    > so
    > I may be overlooking something simple.
    >
    > Thanks

    When I insert the CD-ROM, no icon on my desktop; where do I find the software?

    "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Jeremy
    >
    > Disconnect the printer from the system.. insert the CD and let it
    > autostart.. the installation process will tell you when to connect the
    > printer again..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Bought my e-machines computer last December, everything worked fine until
    > > problems arose resulting in restoring. Now printer wont work. Print Wizard
    > > recognizes printer, but cant find installation software which is most
    > > definately IN the CD-ROM Drive. I'm not very advanced in computer literacy
    > > so
    > > I may be overlooking something simple.
    > >
    > > Thanks

    Download a new set of drivers from the print manufacturer's website.
    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    > When I insert the CD-ROM, no icon on my desktop; where do I find the
    > software?
    >
    > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Jeremy
    >>
    >> Disconnect the printer from the system.. insert the CD and let it
    >> autostart.. the installation process will tell you when to connect the
    >> printer again..
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike Hall
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >>
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>

    >> "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Bought my e-machines computer last December, everything worked fine
    >> > until
    >> > problems arose resulting in restoring. Now printer wont work. Print
    >> > Wizard
    >> > recognizes printer, but cant find installation software which is most
    >> > definately IN the CD-ROM Drive. I'm not very advanced in computer
    >> > literacy
    >> > so
    >> > I may be overlooking something simple.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks

Computers Printers CD-Rom Software Windows XP