Printing error / Application Error - Spools

this is the error...does anyone know what to do, i cannot access my printer
for some reason Applicatio n Error Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version
5.1.2600.0, faulting module LMPRINT.DLL, version 1.0.0.1, fault address
0x00005e54
5 answers Last reply
More about printing error application error spools

    LMPrint indicates a Lexmark printer.

    Follow Bruce Sanderson's instructions on how to COMPLETELY remove your
    drivers and pay special attention to steps 15 through 17.

    After cleaning, reboot. Download a new set of drivers from www.lexmark.com
    and then install the software. Do NOT connect the printer until the
    software tells you to do so.

    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    "bennerswifey" <bennerswifey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > this is the error...does anyone know what to do, i cannot access my
    > printer
    > for some reason Applicatio n Error Faulting application spoolsv.exe,
    > version
    > 5.1.2600.0, faulting module LMPRINT.DLL, version 1.0.0.1, fault address
    > 0x00005e54

    do you know what causes this? Thank you

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > LMPrint indicates a Lexmark printer.
    >
    > Follow Bruce Sanderson's instructions on how to COMPLETELY remove your
    > drivers and pay special attention to steps 15 through 17.
    >
    > After cleaning, reboot. Download a new set of drivers from www.lexmark.com
    > and then install the software. Do NOT connect the printer until the
    > software tells you to do so.
    >
    > http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
    > --
    > Cari
    > (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
    >
    > "bennerswifey" <bennerswifey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > this is the error...does anyone know what to do, i cannot access my
    > > printer
    > > for some reason Applicatio n Error Faulting application spoolsv.exe,
    > > version
    > > 5.1.2600.0, faulting module LMPRINT.DLL, version 1.0.0.1, fault address
    > > 0x00005e54

    ok went to the website, downloaded windows resources tool kit, and clicked
    open on the intallation, got a rktools icon on desktop, clicked it, it
    downloaded the took kit, but I cant find it to use it...now what...lol

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > LMPrint indicates a Lexmark printer.
    >
    > Follow Bruce Sanderson's instructions on how to COMPLETELY remove your
    > drivers and pay special attention to steps 15 through 17.
    >
    > After cleaning, reboot. Download a new set of drivers from www.lexmark.com
    > and then install the software. Do NOT connect the printer until the
    > software tells you to do so.
    >
    > http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
    > --
    > Cari
    > (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
    >
    > "bennerswifey" <bennerswifey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > this is the error...does anyone know what to do, i cannot access my
    > > printer
    > > for some reason Applicatio n Error Faulting application spoolsv.exe,
    > > version
    > > 5.1.2600.0, faulting module LMPRINT.DLL, version 1.0.0.1, fault address
    > > 0x00005e54

    Read the paragraph above Step 15. It's the Lexmark printer drivers that
    cause this.
    --

    bennerswifey wrote:
    > ok went to the website, downloaded windows resources tool kit, and
    > clicked open on the intallation, got a rktools icon on desktop,
    > clicked it, it downloaded the took kit, but I cant find it to use
    > it...now what...lol

    RTFM.

Microsoft Windows XP