Printing error / Application Error - Spools

this is the error...does anyone know what to do, i cannot access my printer
for some reason Applicatio n Error Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version
5.1.2600.0, faulting module LMPRINT.DLL, version 1.0.0.1, fault address
0x00005e54

LMPrint indicates a Lexmark printer.

Follow Bruce Sanderson's instructions on how to COMPLETELY remove your
drivers and pay special attention to steps 15 through 17.

After cleaning, reboot. Download a new set of drivers from www.lexmark.com
and then install the software. Do NOT connect the printer until the
software tells you to do so.

Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"bennerswifey" <bennerswifey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> this is the error...does anyone know what to do, i cannot access my
> printer
> for some reason Applicatio n Error Faulting application spoolsv.exe,
> version
> 5.1.2600.0, faulting module LMPRINT.DLL, version 1.0.0.1, fault address
> 0x00005e54

do you know what causes this? Thank you

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> LMPrint indicates a Lexmark printer.
>
> Follow Bruce Sanderson's instructions on how to COMPLETELY remove your
> drivers and pay special attention to steps 15 through 17.
>
> After cleaning, reboot. Download a new set of drivers from www.lexmark.com
> and then install the software. Do NOT connect the printer until the
> software tells you to do so.
>
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "bennerswifey" <bennerswifey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > this is the error...does anyone know what to do, i cannot access my
> > printer
> > for some reason Applicatio n Error Faulting application spoolsv.exe,
> > version
> > 5.1.2600.0, faulting module LMPRINT.DLL, version 1.0.0.1, fault address
> > 0x00005e54

ok went to the website, downloaded windows resources tool kit, and clicked
open on the intallation, got a rktools icon on desktop, clicked it, it
downloaded the took kit, but I cant find it to use it...now what...lol

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> LMPrint indicates a Lexmark printer.
>
> Follow Bruce Sanderson's instructions on how to COMPLETELY remove your
> drivers and pay special attention to steps 15 through 17.
>
> After cleaning, reboot. Download a new set of drivers from www.lexmark.com
> and then install the software. Do NOT connect the printer until the
> software tells you to do so.
>
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "bennerswifey" <bennerswifey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > this is the error...does anyone know what to do, i cannot access my
> > printer
> > for some reason Applicatio n Error Faulting application spoolsv.exe,
> > version
> > 5.1.2600.0, faulting module LMPRINT.DLL, version 1.0.0.1, fault address
> > 0x00005e54

Read the paragraph above Step 15. It's the Lexmark printer drivers that
cause this.
--

bennerswifey wrote:
> ok went to the website, downloaded windows resources tool kit, and
> clicked open on the intallation, got a rktools icon on desktop,
> clicked it, it downloaded the took kit, but I cant find it to use
> it...now what...lol

RTFM.

TRENDING THREADS