presario 4220 audio Driver

Last response: in Computer Brands
February 26, 2005 7:29:45 PM

Any source for the audio driver for a Compaq presario 4220.
Thanks
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 8:55:09 PM

Unfortunately, the HPaq web site has once again come up very lame because there
is no web page with detailed specifications for any Presario 4220 model (there
are plain 4220 and two S4220 models). With some other Compaq models, one can at
least determine what the chipsets and cards are for the computer, then hunt out
drivers elsewhere on the web. The HPaq web site is especially deficient in
drivers for Presario and Pavilion computers. No coincidence, but these are both
"consumer" models, not business-class ones. HP and Compaq before it both diss
the consumer with a lack of good technical information and drivers for the
consumer computers.

After you've put up with reading the above screed, do one of two things to make
some progress here.

1. Open up the case, and see whether the audio is a freestanding card or a chip
integrated onto the motherboard.
2. Find the invoice for the computer and/or any descriptive materials that came
with it. See if there is printed info telling what the audio subsystem is.

Thereafter, download the audio drivers from the CHIP manufacturer's web site.

A Google search tells me that the Presario 4220 is a 166MHz Pentium MMX system,
pretty old by today's standards. The Presario S4220 is a 2.6GHz Celeron system
with integrated AC'97 audio on the motherboard. Which one is your computer?
What operating system are you using? There are different drivers for different
operating systems... Ben Myers

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:29:45 GMT, Robert M <mrbeeswax@verizon.net> wrote:

>Any source for the audio driver for a Compaq presario 4220.
>Thanks
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 4:47:37 AM

Thanks Ben.
I found, from HP no less, after using www.dogpile.com and searching for
presario 4220, a driver update. SP6334.exe. There were 3 sites listed
all leading back to a HP site.
Crystal audio driver.

!