Printing very slow

Jun 8, 2004

Hi. I'm sorry if this is not the correct ng but I can't find any where else
that may help.
We have just had a new all in one printer installed in our office. According
to the IT department ( who are really snowed under) it's working ok but
it's very slow and I'm sure this isn't right.
It prints 5 pages and then stops for a few seconds and then another few and
stops again.
It's a Brother DCP8040 scanner/copier/printer. It certainly doens't print to
it's specified ppm. It's installed on my pc and shared by 3 others.
Brother's web site support is not very helpful as they want all the invoice
info but we don't want to go over the IT staff's head but we really want to
try and speed it up. What would help is to know what the spooling and
pooling settings are best set at.
Thanks in advance.

Since it's the company printer, you really must wait for the IT department.
Sorry.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)