Problems communicating with a USB printer

I have an Epson Stylus C40 Plus, which I had installed and was working
successfully. However, I then uninstalled SP2 and reinstalled XP over the
top, then reinstalled SP2. After this, my printer stopped responding.

I have deleted and reinstalled the printer, but cannot get the computer to
communicate with it in any way. I have changed the power cable, the USB
cable, the printer itself. (I have 2 C40s, don't ask why!) I also tried to
remove the virtual port USB001, but I got an error message saying this was
not supported, and I got the same message when trying to configure the port.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.
1 answer Last reply
More about problems communicating printer

    Are the USB ports known to be working correctly with other USB devices?
    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    "TimG" <TimG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have an Epson Stylus C40 Plus, which I had installed and was working
    > successfully. However, I then uninstalled SP2 and reinstalled XP over the
    > top, then reinstalled SP2. After this, my printer stopped responding.
    >
    > I have deleted and reinstalled the printer, but cannot get the computer to
    > communicate with it in any way. I have changed the power cable, the USB
    > cable, the printer itself. (I have 2 C40s, don't ask why!) I also tried to
    > remove the virtual port USB001, but I got an error message saying this was
    > not supported, and I got the same message when trying to configure the
    > port.
    >
    > Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Printers Windows XP