Suggestions for this Board

ezeenomad

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2002
I have been following this board for about three months, to educate myself on overclocking. While this board is HIGHLY trafficked (moreso than some on dedicated OC sites!), I think some recent suggestions would make this forum ROCK much tHARDERg (thats Toms Harder! ware for those of you that just woke up :)

Like suggested in the "overclocking OEM board thread" (the one with all the bumps!), we should have a top line or sidebar on the site that has like 10 of the most repeated/useful topics like:

-Newb? how do I overclock (rated links to tutorials)
-what are the current best chip/mobo/chipset combos (links again, and THG articles/reviews)
-how can I overclock an OEM board
-What are the best heatsink/fan combos (links to THG reviews)

Others (more expereienced than I) please post your suggestions for the most re-visited (and surely annoying) topics. I have cc'ed the editor on this, maybe we can get the site improved with these kinds of links?

What are the group's opinions?

psykoikonov

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
I think that's a great idea. I'm new here and having a difficult time finding what I'm after even though I've done numerous searches with a small amount of success. Being new I don't want ask questions that have probably been hashed over many times.

:eek: who needs heatsinks and fans I have an igloo :eek:

Stiffler

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
Well I have sat back and watched this forum for about 6 months now and that sounds like the best idea I have read in a long time...

Its so very true the amount of times I have seen the same questions and the same replys ie:
Anyone know a good site for me to get some basics on Overclocking ?
Ans: <A HREF="http://www.overclockers.com" target="_new">http://www.overclockers.com</A> for an example

I was trying to think of more sorts of questions and my mind went blank...
but things like
- which is better AMD or Intel for overclocking ?
Debates
- Thread users who have overclocked Systems: mobo, ram, cpu
settings and performance gains

The main problem with such a great idea is that you need a person to monitor it who is willing to put effort in to make sure it is all up to date and junk is removed !

Tim

I can call you Betty, and Betty when you call me... You can call me Al

MoneyMike

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2002
Why not a "Latest Active Threads" forum. Where you can watch all the lastest threads in one forum nd not have to switch forums 100 times.

My computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.