10,000 plat an hour - for real.

I have decided it's time we beat the dickheads advertising their dumbass
guides by competing with our own, free guide of factual information that
is up to date and doesn't involve cheating.

I would like all you other old farts to scream at me for the bits I get
wrong. It would probably help the guide somewhat if others add to the
three I can think of!

I am volunteering to maintain this guide for A.G.E.

The Guide (1st draft)
---------

The methods below recommend this step: Obtain level 70. This is not
required for many of the methods, but invariably level 70 will enable
you to farm the plat you want faster than anything else on this guide.
Do not bother farming plat unless your lack of it is preventing you from
leveling. The guide itself will assume you are level 70 for all methods.

This guide will not go into detail on how to level to 70 the fastest.
That may be the subject of a future guide.

One
---

Dragons of Norrath: 'creator' missions. This is currently the easiest
and most reliable way to average around 10k plat an hour.

1. Go LFG. You may want to add a comment "want DoN creators only".
2. After about three minutes you will probably find yourself in a DoN
creator group. Announce politely that it's your first time and listen to
everyone's instructions.
3. Complete the creator mission. I have yet to run into a pickup group
that couldn't pull this off, except for two groups who gave up.
4. Sell all 40 of your crystals in the bazaar. On my server they're
going for 200pp each, which means 8k per Creator mission you do.
Creators average less than an hour to complete.

This method will of course be more efficient if you spend all day
farming the crystals and sell them in the bazaar when you're offline.

Two
---

Rathe Mountains. Go to Rathe Mountains and kill Hill Giants. This is
probably the *Easiest* way to make roughly 10k an hour, and also the
most likely to fall short of that mark on an hour-by-hour basis,
depending on you, the other people in RM, and the spawns.

If you also destroy every other mob in the area where you notice hill
giants spawning, you will have them spawning at a -massive- rate. This
is because hill giants are a random spawn. Each wandering mob you see is
either a hill giant or a placeholder. Hill Giants still average 15-20pp
worth of loot every kill, have approximately 2600HP and are level 35-37.
Any level 70 can solo these guys at a massive rate.

Three
-----

Myconid spore king (old sebilis).

This camp is soloable by any level 70 character of a soloer class.
Soloability with classes that have debateable soloability, is debateable.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=6360

The important drops from this guy are:
1. Fungi Covered Great Staff
2. Fungus Covered Scale Tunic

The tunic still goes for 100k. He is a 30minute respawn which is usually
a placeholder, with two bodyguards. This camp will average above 10k
plat if you kill him or his placeholder every 30 minutes.

Article on making EQ money from castersrealm, just2 weeks old ...
http://eq.crgaming.com/viewarticle.asp?Article=9164

"James Hicks" <james@doesntlikespam.org> wrote in message
>I have decided it's time we beat the dickheads advertising their dumbass
>guides by competing with our own, free guide of factual information that is
>up to date and doesn't involve cheating.
>
> I would like all you other old farts to scream at me for the bits I get
> wrong. It would probably help the guide somewhat if others add to the
> three I can think of!
>
> I am volunteering to maintain this guide for A.G.E.
>

> The Guide (1st draft)
> ---------
>
> The methods below recommend this step: Obtain level 70. This is not
> required for many of the methods, but invariably level 70 will enable you
> to farm the plat you want faster than anything else on this guide. Do not
> bother farming plat unless your lack of it is preventing you from
> leveling. The guide itself will assume you are level 70 for all methods.
>
> This guide will not go into detail on how to level to 70 the fastest. That
> may be the subject of a future guide.
>

> One
> ---
>
> Dragons of Norrath: 'creator' missions. This is currently the easiest and
> most reliable way to average around 10k plat an hour.
>
> 1. Go LFG. You may want to add a comment "want DoN creators only".
> 2. After about three minutes you will probably find yourself in a DoN
> creator group. Announce politely that it's your first time and listen to
> everyone's instructions.
> 3. Complete the creator mission. I have yet to run into a pickup group
> that couldn't pull this off, except for two groups who gave up.
> 4. Sell all 40 of your crystals in the bazaar. On my server they're going
> for 200pp each, which means 8k per Creator mission you do. Creators
> average less than an hour to complete.
>
> This method will of course be more efficient if you spend all day farming
> the crystals and sell them in the bazaar when you're offline.

Useless method if you want the cash to BUY crystals. :)

> Two
> ---
>
> Rathe Mountains. Go to Rathe Mountains and kill Hill Giants. This is
> probably the *Easiest* way to make roughly 10k an hour, and also the most
> likely to fall short of that mark on an hour-by-hour basis, depending on
> you, the other people in RM, and the spawns.
>
> If you also destroy every other mob in the area where you notice hill
> giants spawning, you will have them spawning at a -massive- rate. This is
> because hill giants are a random spawn. Each wandering mob you see is
> either a hill giant or a placeholder. Hill Giants still average 15-20pp
> worth of loot every kill, have approximately 2600HP and are level 35-37.
> Any level 70 can solo these guys at a massive rate.

Don't need a guide for this everyone pretty much knows this and its ALWAYs
overcamped. Well at least on my server.

> Three
> -----
>
> Myconid spore king (old sebilis).
>
> This camp is soloable by any level 70 character of a soloer class.
> Soloability with classes that have debateable soloability, is debateable.
>
> http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=6360
>
> The important drops from this guy are:
> 1. Fungi Covered Great Staff
> 2. Fungus Covered Scale Tunic
>
> The tunic still goes for 100k. He is a 30minute respawn which is usually a
> placeholder, with two bodyguards. This camp will average above 10k plat if
> you kill him or his placeholder every 30 minutes.

100k? On what servers? My server the fungi never goes for more than 60k and
that's high. Ususally I see at least one in the bazaar for 40-50k.

My own farming methods never reach 10k an hour but I make decent money
farming tradeskill items and sell them in the bazaar.

James Hicks wrote:
> I have decided it's time we beat the dickheads advertising their dumbass
> guides by competing with our own, free guide of factual information that
> is up to date and doesn't involve cheating.

I'm probably giving up one of my secret spots, but:

Cazic Thule Sewers:

The mobs near the Swirling Red Mass spawn drop the rare spell components
for Remove Greater Curse and Divine Intervention, each of which sells
quickly for about 50k on my server). All mobs are in the low to mid 50s
and none hit for more than 300 (most around 200). As a cleric soloing
here I see about one rare spell component drop per 4 hours, and get
about 1aa per 90 minutes (or box a 50-something alt and level them at
the same time). You can add to this the rare occurrance of a Boots of
Flowing Slime drop, plus random tributable drops from other named.
Classes more suitable to farming would probably do better than myself -
can only keep the first 5 rooms clear before repops.

Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:11:49 GMT alt.games.everquest David Van Cleef
<dvc@gol.com> news:db2in7$rpk$1@nnrp.gol.com wrote:

> I'm probably giving up one of my secret spots, but:
>
> Cazic Thule Sewers:
>
> The mobs near the Swirling Red Mass spawn drop the rare spell components
> for Remove Greater Curse and Divine Intervention, each of which sells
> quickly for about 50k on my server). All mobs are in the low to mid 50s
> and none hit for more than 300 (most around 200). As a cleric soloing
> here I see about one rare spell component drop per 4 hours, and get
> about 1aa per 90 minutes (or box a 50-something alt and level them at
> the same time). You can add to this the rare occurrance of a Boots of
> Flowing Slime drop, plus random tributable drops from other named.
> Classes more suitable to farming would probably do better than myself -
> can only keep the first 5 rooms clear before repops.

There is nothing equal to this in WoW. I'm amazed when people call WoW
easy. People level faster in EQ, get gear faster in EQ and raids are flat
out easier in EQ up to the OoW expansion... When compared to WoW raids.

Sorry for the derail but this kind of fact about EQ just blows me away.

"Mary Poppins" <Mary.poppins@perfectineveryway.com> wrote in message
> There is nothing equal to this in WoW. I'm amazed when people call WoW
> easy. People level faster in EQ, get gear faster in EQ and raids are flat
> out easier in EQ up to the OoW expansion... When compared to WoW raids.
>
> Sorry for the derail but this kind of fact about EQ just blows me away.

Sure, EQ is easy now with hardly any challenge. But it didnt start that
way.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 05:53:53 -0500, Mary Poppins
<Mary.poppins@perfectineveryway.com> wrote:

>Sorry for the derail but this kind of fact about EQ just blows me away.

Keep your umbrella folded then ;)

Palindrome

> Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:11:49 GMT alt.games.everquest David Van Cleef
> <dvc@gol.com> news:db2in7$rpk$1@nnrp.gol.com wrote:
>
>> I'm probably giving up one of my secret spots, but:
>>
>> Cazic Thule Sewers:
>>
>> The mobs near the Swirling Red Mass spawn drop the rare spell
>> components for Remove Greater Curse and Divine Intervention, each of
>> which sells quickly for about 50k on my server). All mobs are in the
>> low to mid 50s and none hit for more than 300 (most around 200). As
>> a cleric soloing here I see about one rare spell component drop per 4
>> hours, and get about 1aa per 90 minutes (or box a 50-something alt
>> and level them at the same time). You can add to this the rare
>> occurrance of a Boots of Flowing Slime drop, plus random tributable
>> drops from other named. Classes more suitable to farming would
>> probably do better than myself - can only keep the first 5 rooms
>> clear before repops.
>>

> There is nothing equal to this in WoW. I'm amazed when people call
> WoW easy. People level faster in EQ, get gear faster in EQ and raids
> are flat out easier in EQ up to the OoW expansion... When compared to
> WoW raids.
>
> Sorry for the derail but this kind of fact about EQ just blows me
> away.

Making money in WoW is easy for some classes - See the Graffe
forums for exactly how to do it.

Remember, what you're seeing here is a result of one basic thing:
Items that are still valuable dropping in a now trivial zone.

The moment WoW get's a level boost, mages won't need a Pally partner
to AE Scarlet Monastery - then the GPH doubles.
--
Arch Convoker Mairelon Snapbang
Feral Lord Bosra Snowclaw

Mairelon, 36th Paladin
Silverhand

<Mary.poppins@perfectineveryway.com> wrote:
> Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:11:49 GMT alt.games.everquest David Van Cleef
> <dvc@gol.com> news:db2in7$rpk$1@nnrp.gol.com wrote:
>
> > I'm probably giving up one of my secret spots, but:
> >
> > Cazic Thule Sewers:
> >
> > The mobs near the Swirling Red Mass spawn drop the rare spell components
> > for Remove Greater Curse and Divine Intervention, each of which sells
> > quickly for about 50k on my server). All mobs are in the low to mid 50s
> > and none hit for more than 300 (most around 200). As a cleric soloing
> > here I see about one rare spell component drop per 4 hours, and get
> > about 1aa per 90 minutes (or box a 50-something alt and level them at
> > the same time). You can add to this the rare occurrance of a Boots of
> > Flowing Slime drop, plus random tributable drops from other named.
> > Classes more suitable to farming would probably do better than myself -
> > can only keep the first 5 rooms clear before repops.
> >

> There is nothing equal to this in WoW. I'm amazed when people call WoW
> easy. People level faster in EQ, get gear faster in EQ and raids are flat
> out easier in EQ up to the OoW expansion... When compared to WoW raids.
>
> Sorry for the derail but this kind of fact about EQ just blows me away.

You have got to be kidding. Seriously. It took me less than a month to hit
60 in WoW, *while* leading a "hardcore" raiding guild.

Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:05:34 GMT alt.games.everquest Faned
<faned@wyld.qx.net> news:slrnddam02.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net wrote:

> You have got to be kidding. Seriously. It took me less than a month
> to hit 60 in WoW, *while* leading a "hardcore" raiding guild.

I've gotten Characters to 70 in a week in EQ and time flagged in a weekend.

If it took you a month to get to 60 in WoW and it took me that long too...
Um are you saying it takes you longer to get to 70 in EQ? I'm sure you
aren't saying that. I'm sure what you are saying and why I'm here is that I
don't have the foot print in WoW that I have in EQ. It's not that EQ is
harder its that I'm better at EQ than WoW.

"James Hicks" <james@doesntlikespam.org> wrote in message
> Two
> ---
>
> Rathe Mountains. Go to Rathe Mountains and kill Hill Giants. This is
> probably the *Easiest* way to make roughly 10k an hour, and also the most
> likely to fall short of that mark on an hour-by-hour basis, depending on
> you, the other people in RM, and the spawns.
>
> If you also destroy every other mob in the area where you notice hill
> giants spawning, you will have them spawning at a -massive- rate. This is
> because hill giants are a random spawn. Each wandering mob you see is
> either a hill giant or a placeholder. Hill Giants still average 15-20pp
> worth of loot every kill, have approximately 2600HP and are level 35-37.
> Any level 70 can solo these guys at a massive rate.

I'm not sure 10K is possible. I try to go to Rathe Mtns. once a level just
to see how much easier it is to kill the giants. Last time I went at 67 I
had the zone alone for about an hour and only made 2k. It was with a
bazaar-equipped paladin though. YMMV.

lol.. all you have to do is get 85'd into a Time raid and loot a key
part off a Tier 3 named to get Time keyed now.

Submitted by: Isloor
This message was submitted through the Erollisi Marr Forum

Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:06:26 GMT alt.games.everquest Isloor
<Isloor.1s5mmq@erollisimarr-dot-com-forum.com>
news:Isloor.1s5mmq@erollisimarr-dot-com-forum.com wrote:

> lol.. all you have to do is get 85'd into a Time raid and loot a key
> part off a Tier 3 named to get Time keyed now.

Shhh... I'm a "liar"!

<Mary.poppins@perfectineveryway.com> wrote:
> Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:05:34 GMT alt.games.everquest Faned
> <faned@wyld.qx.net> news:slrnddam02.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net wrote:
>
> > You have got to be kidding. Seriously. It took me less than a month
> > to hit 60 in WoW, *while* leading a "hardcore" raiding guild.
> >

> I've gotten Characters to 70 in a week in EQ and time flagged in a weekend.

As your first character, without being twinked, PL'ed or knowing anyone on
the server or ever having even played the game before? Mighty impressive.

Bullshit, but mighty impressive bullshit. =P

> If it took you a month to get to 60 in WoW and it took me that long too...
> Um are you saying it takes you longer to get to 70 in EQ? I'm sure you
> aren't saying that.

I'm sure you are quite wrong, because that's exactly what I'm saying. Go
start a character on EQ and play it like it's a new game and tell me how
long it takes you to get to 70. Now do that while simultaneously raiding in
WoW 4 or 5 hours a night, 4 or 5 days each week (you don't even have to be
running a guild, doing dkp, roster, news, board moderation, leadership
discussion, etc., just play the in-game time). See ya in six months, at
best.

> I'm sure what you are saying and why I'm here is that I don't have the
> foot print in WoW that I have in EQ. It's not that EQ is harder its that
> I'm better at EQ than WoW.

Foot print? Better? WoW isn't a hard game. I actually like it for the
most part and think it's a very well-designed game. It's just too casual
for me. I can play with reckless abandon with little fear of getting in
over my head, leveling at a tremendous rate of speed the whole time. EQ is
undoubtedly "harder" than WoW. And I am undoubtedly good at every game I
play, personality thing ya know, so I'm not sure that's even a point worth
responding to. =)

For me, though, the sheer volume and variety of content coupled with a more
unforgiving design concept make EQ a more immersive and enjoyable long-term
game. I had a blast in WoW. Then I canceled.

brushfire wrote:
> "James Hicks" <james@doesntlikespam.org> wrote in message
>
>>Two
>>---
>>
>>Rathe Mountains. Go to Rathe Mountains and kill Hill Giants. This is
>>probably the *Easiest* way to make roughly 10k an hour, and also the most
>>likely to fall short of that mark on an hour-by-hour basis, depending on
>>you, the other people in RM, and the spawns.
>>
>>If you also destroy every other mob in the area where you notice hill
>>giants spawning, you will have them spawning at a -massive- rate. This is
>>because hill giants are a random spawn. Each wandering mob you see is
>>either a hill giant or a placeholder. Hill Giants still average 15-20pp
>>worth of loot every kill, have approximately 2600HP and are level 35-37.
>>Any level 70 can solo these guys at a massive rate.
>>

> I'm not sure 10K is possible. I try to go to Rathe Mtns. once a level just
> to see how much easier it is to kill the giants. Last time I went at 67 I
> had the zone alone for about an hour and only made 2k. It was with a
> bazaar-equipped paladin though. YMMV.

If there are wanderers alive then you could be making more money.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:58:48 -0500, Mary Poppins
<Mary.poppins@perfectineveryway.com> wrote:

>Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:05:34 GMT alt.games.everquest Faned
><faned@wyld.qx.net> news:slrnddam02.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net wrote:
>
>> You have got to be kidding. Seriously. It took me less than a month
>> to hit 60 in WoW, *while* leading a "hardcore" raiding guild.
>>

>I've gotten Characters to 70 in a week in EQ and time flagged in a weekend.

Sure,conveniently all the mobs you needed for flags were up at just
this weekend.
Sir,you are a liar.

Meldur

Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:52:17 GMT alt.games.everquest Meldur <Meldur@t-
online.de> news:u6dcd118loge85u246jro4h9teqppn3e5p@4ax.com wrote:

> Sure,conveniently all the mobs you needed for flags were up at just
> this weekend.
> Sir,you are a liar.
>
> Meldur

You do not know what you are talking about.

Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:05:34 GMT alt.games.everquest Faned
<faned@wyld.qx.net> news:slrnddcopj.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net wrote:

> <Mary.poppins@perfectineveryway.com> wrote:
>> Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:05:34 GMT alt.games.everquest Faned
>> <faned@wyld.qx.net> news:slrnddam02.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net wrote:
>>
>> > You have got to be kidding. Seriously. It took me less than a
>> > month to hit 60 in WoW, *while* leading a "hardcore" raiding guild.
>> >

>> I've gotten Characters to 70 in a week in EQ and time flagged in a
>> weekend.
>
> As your first character, without being twinked, PL'ed or knowing anyone
> on the server or ever having even played the game before? Mighty
> impressive.
>
> Bullshit, but mighty impressive bullshit. =P

You added the part that made it BS, sir.

>> If it took you a month to get to 60 in WoW and it took me that long
>> too... Um are you saying it takes you longer to get to 70 in EQ? I'm
>> sure you aren't saying that.
>
> I'm sure you are quite wrong, because that's exactly what I'm saying.
> Go start a character on EQ and play it like it's a new game and tell me
> how long it takes you to get to 70. Now do that while simultaneously
> raiding in WoW 4 or 5 hours a night, 4 or 5 days each week (you don't
> even have to be running a guild, doing dkp, roster, news, board
> moderation, leadership discussion, etc., just play the in-game time).
> See ya in six months, at best.

Not true. With hot zones, the bazaar and such, a couple weeks at most.
More a matter of opinion as I can't a time in the last five years when I
wanted too "hnestly" level a character in EQ. I don't think anyone does
anymore... ;^)

>> I'm sure what you are saying and why I'm here is that I don't have the
>> foot print in WoW that I have in EQ. It's not that EQ is harder its
>> that I'm better at EQ than WoW.
>
> Foot print? Better? WoW isn't a hard game. I actually like it for
> the most part and think it's a very well-designed game. It's just too
> casual for me. I can play with reckless abandon with little fear of
> getting in over my head, leveling at a tremendous rate of speed the
> whole time. EQ is undoubtedly "harder" than WoW. And I am undoubtedly
> good at every game I play, personality thing ya know, so I'm not sure
> that's even a point worth responding to. =)
>
> For me, though, the sheer volume and variety of content coupled with a
> more unforgiving design concept make EQ a more immersive and enjoyable
> long-term game. I had a blast in WoW. Then I canceled.

Okay. I don't agree but okay. EQ isn't harder. EQ is just more time
consuming is all. By that I mean a person spends more time doing nothing in
EQ than they do in WoW...

Anywho, I'm not one to force anyone to agree.

<Mary.poppins@perfectineveryway.com> wrote:
> Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:05:34 GMT alt.games.everquest Faned
> <faned@wyld.qx.net> news:slrnddcopj.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net wrote:
>
> > <Mary.poppins@perfectineveryway.com> wrote:

> >> I've gotten Characters to 70 in a week in EQ and time flagged in a
> >> weekend.
> >
> > As your first character, without being twinked, PL'ed or knowing anyone
> > on the server or ever having even played the game before? Mighty
> > impressive.
> >
> > Bullshit, but mighty impressive bullshit. =P
>
> You added the part that made it BS, sir.

"Added"? That part was there whether it was explicitly stated or not, at
least for anyone with a modicum of intelligence and common sense.

WoW won't exactly get harder as the game matures and the twinking/power
leveling reach EQ proportions. =P

> >> If it took you a month to get to 60 in WoW and it took me that long
> >> too... Um are you saying it takes you longer to get to 70 in EQ? I'm
> >> sure you aren't saying that.
> >
> > I'm sure you are quite wrong, because that's exactly what I'm saying.
> > Go start a character on EQ and play it like it's a new game and tell me
> > how long it takes you to get to 70. Now do that while simultaneously
> > raiding in WoW 4 or 5 hours a night, 4 or 5 days each week (you don't
> > even have to be running a guild, doing dkp, roster, news, board
> > moderation, leadership discussion, etc., just play the in-game time).
> > See ya in six months, at best.
>
> Not true. With hot zones, the bazaar and such, a couple weeks at most.
> More a matter of opinion as I can't a time in the last five years when I
> wanted too "hnestly" level a character in EQ. I don't think anyone does
> anymore... ;^)

There are plenty who do, though few who do it completely without twinking at
all. It is frighteningly obvious that you haven't legitimately leveled in a
long time. I'm known for my ego, but your egocentric blinders astound even
me.

Or, to put it another way, it took me about as much actual time to get from
65 to 70 when OoW was released as it took me to get from zero to 60 in WoW
when it was released, and in EQ I already had good gear, a working knowledge
of the game, etc.

> >> I'm sure what you are saying and why I'm here is that I don't have the
> >> foot print in WoW that I have in EQ. It's not that EQ is harder its
> >> that I'm better at EQ than WoW.
> >
> > Foot print? Better? WoW isn't a hard game. I actually like it for
> > the most part and think it's a very well-designed game. It's just too
> > casual for me. I can play with reckless abandon with little fear of
> > getting in over my head, leveling at a tremendous rate of speed the
> > whole time. EQ is undoubtedly "harder" than WoW. And I am undoubtedly
> > good at every game I play, personality thing ya know, so I'm not sure
> > that's even a point worth responding to. =)
> >
> > For me, though, the sheer volume and variety of content coupled with a
> > more unforgiving design concept make EQ a more immersive and enjoyable
> > long-term game. I had a blast in WoW. Then I canceled.
> >

> Okay. I don't agree but okay. EQ isn't harder. EQ is just more time
> consuming is all. By that I mean a person spends more time doing nothing in
> EQ than they do in WoW...

Without doubt EQ is more time consuming. Equally without doubt, EQ is a
*harder* game. In WoW, as I mentioned, one can play with reckless abandon
and not only never lose ground, but actually advance at a frenetic pace. In
EQ, playing with reckless abandon, unless you are playing in areas far below
your power level, is a recipe for disaster.

> Anywho, I'm not one to force anyone to agree.

I like cheese.

>>Not true. With hot zones, the bazaar and such, a couple weeks at most.
>>More a matter of opinion as I can't a time in the last five years when I
>>wanted too "hnestly" level a character in EQ. I don't think anyone does
>>anymore... ;^)
>

> There are plenty who do, though few who do it completely without twinking at
> all. It is frighteningly obvious that you haven't legitimately leveled in a
> long time. I'm known for my ego, but your egocentric blinders astound even
> me.

Well, I'm one who twinks so little that it could hardly be called
twinking. Our guild keeps a supply of very low-end items in our
bank and I will find a few items there and any other slots that
need filled will be filled with a limit of 200 plat spent per slot.

And power levelling is verboten in our guild.

Tracey

Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in

> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:58:48 -0500, Mary Poppins
> <Mary.poppins@perfectineveryway.com> wrote:
>
>>Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:05:34 GMT alt.games.everquest Faned
>><faned@wyld.qx.net> news:slrnddam02.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net wrote:
>>
>>> You have got to be kidding. Seriously. It took me less than a
>>> month to hit 60 in WoW, *while* leading a "hardcore" raiding guild.
>>>

>>I've gotten Characters to 70 in a week in EQ and time flagged in a
>>weekend.
>
> Sure,conveniently all the mobs you needed for flags were up at just
> this weekend.
> Sir,you are a liar.

Um, not necessarilly. For one thing, many of those mobs are often up,
for another, you can skip them all anyway.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 36 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Treasure Hunter <Tempest>
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner

You don't make anywhere near 10K PP an hour in Rathe Mountains. You
might make 10K of copper.

Krunk <getkrunk@bolo.org> writes:
> You don't make anywhere near 10K PP an hour in Rathe Mountains. You
> might make 10K of copper.

If I can find the zone empty (which actually does happen at certain hours
in today's depopulated EQ), I can make over 1K pp/hr with my 56 monk, and
it actually takes me a noticeable time per kill. (I still get some xp
from it, too!) I admit 10K sounds a bit high even for a level 70; but
it's probably not too far off, especially if you bring a second character
along to carry the loot so the farmer isn't encumbered (and doesn't need
to take time off as often to sell the fine steel weapons, etc.).

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 56 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 52 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 21 on E. Marr

On 21 Jul 2005 17:33:06 GMT, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
>
>> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:58:48 -0500, Mary Poppins
>> <Mary.poppins@perfectineveryway.com> wrote:

>>>I've gotten Characters to 70 in a week in EQ and time flagged in a
>>>weekend.
>>
>> Sure,conveniently all the mobs you needed for flags were up at just
>> this weekend.
>> Sir,you are a liar.
>>

>Um, not necessarilly. For one thing, many of those mobs are often up,
>for another, you can skip them all anyway.

Yeah,I admit my ignorance about this fact,couldnt imagine that level
of lameness.

Meldur

Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote in news:7wr7drn5yg.fsf@ca.icynic.com:

> Krunk <getkrunk@bolo.org> writes:
>> You don't make anywhere near 10K PP an hour in Rathe Mountains. You
>> might make 10K of copper.
>
> If I can find the zone empty (which actually does happen at certain hours
> in today's depopulated EQ), I can make over 1K pp/hr with my 56 monk, and
> it actually takes me a noticeable time per kill. (I still get some xp
> from it, too!) I admit 10K sounds a bit high even for a level 70; but
> it's probably not too far off, especially if you bring a second character
> along to carry the loot so the farmer isn't encumbered (and doesn't need
> to take time off as often to sell the fine steel weapons, etc.).

Depending on their class, the only limiting factor is availability of mobs
to kill...