printing on a corp network using laptop w/XP home

A user wants to print from their laptop to our network printer but they have
XP home as OS...how can I set this up?

gastewa wrote:
> A user wants to print from their laptop to our network printer but
> they have XP home as OS...how can I set this up?

You can't. XP Home cannot join a domain.

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

You'll need to give more information to get a meaningful answer. Is this an
Ethernet connected printer or one shared on a workstation? Can the
workstation see the printer? Are rights managed by a domain controller?
It's definitely doable, but necessary actions depend on the configuration.
--

"gastewa" <gastewa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A user wants to print from their laptop to our network printer but they
>have
> XP home as OS...how can I set this up?

Well,
there might be a possibility. If you are able to access fileshares you could
install the Aloaha PDF Suite, share the autoprint subfolder and the XP Home
user just drop their files into the autoprint folder.
Stefan