The information offered by the vendors is not complete and some of them
cannot be bothered to answer questions, so would anyone please from personal
experience advise me which of the OCRs on offer will be compatible with
Win.XPPro and HPScanner 5530 and will produce replica documents, which will
be a photo-image of the original, but will be capable of copy & paste of
parts and other alterations and will Save AS in Word of Office 2003 as a
file. Thank you.

The CD supplied with the scanner should contain software that will enable
this.. ensure that you have all of the software installed.. you might also
want to contact HP support and ask them for confirmation that the CD does
include OCR software..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"annonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" <annonymous@fsnet.cvo.uk> wrote in
message news:OOsycQZUFHA.3056@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> The information offered by the vendors is not complete and some of them
> cannot be bothered to answer questions, so would anyone please from
> personal experience advise me which of the OCRs on offer will be
> compatible with Win.XPPro and HPScanner 5530 and will produce replica
> documents, which will be a photo-image of the original, but will be
> capable of copy & paste of parts and other alterations and will Save AS in
> Word of Office 2003 as a file. Thank you.

Byte

Check your HP Scanner software that came with it. It very likely has
OCR software included. Otherwise, HP has apps for OCR that you can purchase
which would be more compatible with your hardware. In case your money is
tight, below is a freebie you can download:

WOCAR, a freeware for Optical Character Recognition
http://ccambien.free.fr/wocar/index.shtml.en

IRIS – OCR Software & OCR Scanner (not freeware)
http://www.irisusa.com/
--
Ask not what your Country can do for
you, but ask what you can do for your