Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HP 1210 Won't Print

Tags:
  • Printers
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 5, 2005 10:42:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

OS: XP Home SP2
Printer: HP 1210 All In One

When I click "Print" printer properties says "printing" but the printer
itself does nothing. I can let it sit virtually for hours this way & the
printer never prints anything even though it says it's "printing.

I have tried un-installing/re-installing countless times.
Ocassionally I can get it to print once.
Then it's back to the printer properties saying "printing" but the printer
itself doing nothing.

More about : 1210 print

Anonymous
a b α HP
May 5, 2005 11:10:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Does the PC recognize it correctly when you connect it with the USB cable?
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"Harvick1" <Harvick1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2BB98670-1BCA-4563-B769-7F515AFAE596@microsoft.com...
> OS: XP Home SP2
> Printer: HP 1210 All In One
>
> When I click "Print" printer properties says "printing" but the printer
> itself does nothing. I can let it sit virtually for hours this way & the
> printer never prints anything even though it says it's "printing.
>
> I have tried un-installing/re-installing countless times.
> Ocassionally I can get it to print once.
> Then it's back to the printer properties saying "printing" but the printer
> itself doing nothing.
>
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 6, 2005 5:50:05 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Yes. As a matter of fact everything seems "normal" everytime that I
re-install. The installation procedure asks for the USB cable to be plugged
in from the printer before it will continue.

As soon as I plug the USB cable in, it continues & I get all of the proper
"ballons" from the taskbar notification area ("Found New Hardware", etc.).

The printer is also listed & listed as the default printer in "Printers And
Faxes".
As far as I can tell all of the software is being installed properly as well
(the HP Director, etc.)

This is the same printer that I have been using since I got this computer.

Could this be simply because the my XP version is SP2?


"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Does the PC recognize it correctly when you connect it with the USB cable?
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "Harvick1" <Harvick1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2BB98670-1BCA-4563-B769-7F515AFAE596@microsoft.com...
> > OS: XP Home SP2
> > Printer: HP 1210 All In One
> >
> > When I click "Print" printer properties says "printing" but the printer
> > itself does nothing. I can let it sit virtually for hours this way & the
> > printer never prints anything even though it says it's "printing.
> >
> > I have tried un-installing/re-installing countless times.
> > Ocassionally I can get it to print once.
> > Then it's back to the printer properties saying "printing" but the printer
> > itself doing nothing.
> >
>
>
>
>
Related resources
May 6, 2005 11:53:56 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Is the printer powered ON before you send the Print command?
--
Ask not what your Country can do for
you, but ask what you can do for your
Country. JFK


"Harvick1" wrote:

> Yes. As a matter of fact everything seems "normal" everytime that I
> re-install. The installation procedure asks for the USB cable to be plugged
> in from the printer before it will continue.
>
> As soon as I plug the USB cable in, it continues & I get all of the proper
> "ballons" from the taskbar notification area ("Found New Hardware", etc.).
>
> The printer is also listed & listed as the default printer in "Printers And
> Faxes".
> As far as I can tell all of the software is being installed properly as well
> (the HP Director, etc.)
>
> This is the same printer that I have been using since I got this computer.
>
> Could this be simply because the my XP version is SP2?
>
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > Does the PC recognize it correctly when you connect it with the USB cable?
> > --
> > Cari
> > (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
> >
> > "Harvick1" <Harvick1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:2BB98670-1BCA-4563-B769-7F515AFAE596@microsoft.com...
> > > OS: XP Home SP2
> > > Printer: HP 1210 All In One
> > >
> > > When I click "Print" printer properties says "printing" but the printer
> > > itself does nothing. I can let it sit virtually for hours this way & the
> > > printer never prints anything even though it says it's "printing.
> > >
> > > I have tried un-installing/re-installing countless times.
> > > Ocassionally I can get it to print once.
> > > Then it's back to the printer properties saying "printing" but the printer
> > > itself doing nothing.
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 6, 2005 5:30:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Yes. I have to have it powered on during re-install before I plug in the USB
cable.

"Byte" wrote:

> Is the printer powered ON before you send the Print command?
> --
> Ask not what your Country can do for
> you, but ask what you can do for your
> Country. JFK
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 9, 2005 11:02:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

I am having the same problem myself except my comp won't let me delete the
printer and it won't let me delete the last thing I tried to print.

"Harvick1" wrote:

> Yes. I have to have it powered on during re-install before I plug in the USB
> cable.
>
> "Byte" wrote:
>
> > Is the printer powered ON before you send the Print command?
> > --
> > Ask not what your Country can do for
> > you, but ask what you can do for your
> > Country. JFK
>
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 10, 2005 12:36:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

I feel your pain.

I even contacted HP Support & all they told me was to restart the spooler
(what, every time that I want to print I guess).
Then the only thing that did was lock up the entire system anyway.

I solved my problem though. At least the only way it seems that I can with
XP SP2:

First I went to the HP website & downloaded an "AiO Scrubber". This is an
uninstaller that removes the HP printer/software from the system entirely,
even when you can't delete the printer on your own normally.

Then I gave my HP 1210 All In One to my mother (she's running 98SE) & went
to Office Max & bought an Epson Stylus C66.

It installed perfectly out of the box & I haven't had a single print problem
since.

It seems that the problem (with the HP printers at least) is that Microsoft
screwed us with XP SP2 & HP is too lazy or isn't concerned with their
customers enough to update driver compatibility.

The "latest" driver for my 1210 on the HP site is the exact same one that's
on my installation disk from when I bought the printer well before XP SP2
came along.

Not a problem for me.

I can switch to & use Epson just as easy...

BTW, if yours is an HP printer too, use this link

http://search.hp.com/query.html?hpvc=US+-+English&cc=us...

to see if you can find a scrubber for your particular model.



"aprylrose" wrote:

> I am having the same problem myself except my comp won't let me delete the
> printer and it won't let me delete the last thing I tried to print.
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 10, 2005 3:50:41 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

On Mon, 9 May 2005 20:36:01 -0700, "Harvick1"
<Harvick1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>It seems that the problem (with the HP printers at least) is that Microsoft
>screwed us with XP SP2 & HP is too lazy or isn't concerned with their
>customers enough to update driver compatibility.

No, or at least that's not the only problem.

I bought a 1210 last summer and installed it on my Win 98 system. It
added maybe half a dozen programs to my startup folder, it never did
manage to scan a single image, and the driver was lacking such a
simple function as "print black and white".

I did what I should have done earlier and googled that model.
Everybody was complaining about the lousy software from HP.


--
Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA
http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"I feel a wave of morning sickness coming on, and I want to
be standing on your mother's grave when it hits."
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 10, 2005 5:54:07 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

"...> I did what I should have done earlier and googled that model.
Everybody was complaining about the lousy software from HP <..."

Apparently you did what you & I both should've done first.

I used to like HP products over just about any other too...
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 18, 2005 5:21:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

"Harvick1" wrote:

> OS: XP Home SP2
> Printer: HP 1210 All In One
>
> When I click "Print" printer properties says "printing" but the printer
> itself does nothing. I can let it sit virtually for hours this way & the
> printer never prints anything even though it says it's "printing.
>
> I have tried un-installing/re-installing countless times.
> Ocassionally I can get it to print once.
> Then it's back to the printer properties saying "printing" but the printer
> itself doing nothing.
!