1 SICK OVERCLOCK!!! Coppermine@1307MHz!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Well girls, here you go, I just overclocked my PIII 1000EB to 174MHz FSB/1307MHz clock. No, not a Tualatin, a Coppermine. Want to know what's SICKER? I did it with the STOCK INTEL BOXED COOLER and Radio Shack Silicon thermal paste! Now, would someone like to tell me where to post the screenshot? Oh, it's running stable at that speed while I write, ran 3D Mark 2001SE just fine! I'll give it a few days to settle in I think!

<font color=blue>By now you're probably wishing you had ask more questions first!</font color=blue>

buddry

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
Didn't you crash it?

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=white>bless</font color=white> <font color=blue>the</font color=blue> <font color=red>U</font color=red><font color=white>S</font color=white><font color=blue>A</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yep, I really hurt that WD drive. So I replaced it with my Maxtor drive and VIOLA, smooth sailing! After it settles in a few days, I think I'll see how much further I can push it. But already the PCI bus is at 45MHz, I don't know how my SCSI card and both LAN cards are taking it!

<font color=blue>By now you're probably wishing you had ask more questions first!</font color=blue>

Stiffler

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
I have a PIII 866 I sooooo want to overclock it but I cannot as it is an Intel Mothboard :(

Tim

I can call you Betty, and Betty when you call me... You can call me Al

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
My P4 can do 3GHz with stock cooler on my IT7 (now returned). My RDRAM can't handle the super high FSB speeds with my TH7II unfortuately. I'm limited to ~2.7GHz with my TH7II however, my P4 with RDRAM at 2.7GHz is as fast as my P4 with DDR at 3GHz. Anyway..... :tongue:

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LOL, I made the mistake of leaving my FTP server on the WD drive that doesn't like overclocking, guess what happened? I really need to pull that drive, the first time it crashed I swapped it out to drive "D".

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
d00d, it's probably not your RAM, it's probably your board. The TH7II has 400MHz RAM clock generators, the newer boards have 600MHz versions.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Damnit, every time I do a new update and restart my system, I have to restart the server, but forget. I'd put it in the startup menu, but then I'd forget to take it out later. Anyway, I have a new screenshot there that shows just how cool this thing is running!

Anyone know where I can get some PC166?

Stiffler

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz Misread N/M

Tim

I can call you Betty, and Betty when you call me... You can call me Al<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Stiffler on 08/03/02 11:27 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Nope, no PC166 there either. I've seen a lot of companies selling PC150 as PC166, but only if you select the slowest memory timings.