operation couldn't be completed ( can't add new printer)

I found all of my installed printers erased & when I tried to add a new
printer i got this message "operation couldn't be completed" seems that some
System file is deleted

plez help

The spooler service is probably not running for some reason. Try
restarting windows. Then, check for the installed printer list or try
installing the printer. If no joy, navigate to the command prompt by
mouse clicking on Start then Run and then typing the following in
the Open slot, each line ended by pressing the Enter key-

cmd
Net start spooler
Exit

Now, the installed printer list should reappear. If a new printer is to
be installed, try installing it.

Note: If the printer spooler service is already running, a message will
tell you.
Let us know.
Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"Nassrat" <Nassrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
:I found all of my installed printers erased & when I tried to add a new
: printer i got this message "operation couldn't be completed" seems
that some
: System file is deleted
:
: plez help